Friday, December 7, 2012

96: Jonah Goes Fishing

(originally posted 04/11/2012)

(Apparently I have a thing with violet eyes. :D The girl in this update is an old almost-a-legacy-but-got-screwed-up sim. She's another example of random button success. I had to keep her because she reminds me so much of my friend, Kaiti. I'm tickled I'm using her again, even if only a smaller part.)


Jonah



I miss my best friend. Life just isn't the same. I lost Greg. I lost Eva.

At least I still have my brothers. I'm happy Eric is happy. John, however, has it all. The perfect job, wife, kids.... the perfect life.

Where did I go wrong?


I decide to go hang out at Elena's bar. I sit... at the bar.

I remember when Greg and I would walk into a joint like this and be immediately surrounded by beautiful women. Together we were unstoppable. Separate, we weren't too shabby either. Then, Greg found Elena and I found Eva. Well, okay I found Eva through John and Elena, but the point is ... Oh I forget.

I hate it when I lose my train of thought!


I turn my head around towards the window.


Who.. is.. the... cute brunette with the rocking body? I've never seen her before! Is she from out of town? Is she new in town?

I swiftly get up as I see her walk around the corner of the bar.


"Oops, excuse me." I say as I stop right in front of her and we 'dance' side to side in order to avoid each other. Of course, I'm not trying to avoid her at all but block her. She doesn't know that, though. I'm glad to see I can still do the 'accidentally in the way' thing.

I feel a grin spread across my face as she gets the cutest look of consternation on her face. We 'dance' back and forth as she continues to try and pass me. Then she sighs, folds her arms, and stops. Her eyebrows raise in a silent command for me to move out of the way.

Feisty. Nice.


I decide this part of the game has played itself out, and I step aside to my right and gallantly gesture with my left hand for her walk past. Her eyes cut over to me in irritation as she walks past. I chuckle at her expression.

Oh yeah. Jonah is back.

I wonder who she is? Does she have a boyfriend? I didn't see a wedding band, but that's never stopped me before.



"Just what is so **** funny?" I hear her say, presumably to me.

I turn around to see her glaring at me. "Nothing much except the situation and the look on your face." I can't help but grin back at her near-glare. "Where are you off to in such a hurry anyway?" I ask.


"The ladies' room?" she responds as if to say 'what's it to you?'.

"Alright, alright. No need to get all bent out of shape!" I say before she spins around and slams her palms against the door to the women's room to open it. "...yet." I finish to myself. I finish my drink and hand it to the barkeep.

I scratch the back of my head and walk over to the window where she had been sitting earlier. Looking out the window, I run my thumb back and forth across my chin as I contemplate my next move.


She finally comes out of the restroom and sees me standing near the table where she was sitting. I raise my eyebrows in question as she walks over to me with a blank expression.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to bite your head off." she apologizes.

You mean you bite?

I laugh a little at my thought, but I assume she thinks I'm just shrugging off her "rude" behavior.

"Don't worry about it. Anytime you feel the slightest urge to bite someone's head off don't hesitate to seek me out." I smile at her look of surprise.


Then she sheepishly dips her head, "I'm not usually like that."

"Of course not." I say reassuringly. "I'm sure not on purpose anyway." I grin again.

Her mouth opens in surprise and for a moment I wonder if I'm about to get hit in the arm. The grin never leaves my face.

"You're not from here, where are you from?" I ask.

"I'm from Appaloosa Plains."

"That's too far away to just be visiting for the day." I say with my eyebrows raised. "Have you moved to our fair town?"

"Yes. Just last week." she explains. "I've spent the whole week getting my horses settled in. I thought I'd treat myself tonight and check this place out."


"Ah, well you've picked a good place to get started. My sister-in-law owns the place." She smiles in response to my smile. "And I must say I'm so glad you decided to choose to move here versus somewhere else."

"And why is that?" she asks with a softening expression in her eyes that I happily welcome.

"Because if you hadn't have had moved here, I wouldn't get to meet you. Come to think of it... what's your name? Or should I just make one up? What's the best name that means 'beautiful'?"

She laughs nervously. "It's Kaiti."

"Pleasure to meet you, Kaiti. I'm Jonah." I say and hold out my hand for a handshake. The second her hand touches mine, I bring it to my lips while locking my eyes with hers. I smile as she blushes and jerks her hand away.

She looks around nervously.


"Did I do something wrong?" I ask quietly.

She takes a deep breath. "No. I guess not."

"So, what are you doing tomorrow night, Miss Kaiti?" I ask, deciding to just jump right in judging from her body language.


"Probably coming back here. Does that bartender work here every night? He's cute." she answers.

What? !!!!!!!! Oh. I get it. Trying to make me jealous, huh? Nice try.

"Who, him?" I ask, nodding my head in his direction.

"Yeah. You say your sister-in-law owns the place? Maybe she could introduce us."


"Nah. You don't want him." I say as I look over at him and feel her looking at me. When I see out of the corner of my eye that she's looked back at him, I lean in and whisper in her ear, "From what I hear, he doesn't have much to offer the ladies, if you know what I mean." I don't move away when I'm done talking. I'm delightfully caught up in the smell of her perfume.

She starts a little when I've started whispering to her, but then she looks down. I keep waiting for her to turn her head, but she doesn't. Instead, she quietly responds to the floor, "And you do?" Her eyes cut over to look at me without turning her head still.

"You could always find out on your own and make an informed decision on whether or not I do." I quietly say in her ear with a slight chuckle.


She takes a step back while I hold my ground. I envision how that could happen over and over and I'd literally chase her across the room. Talk about thrill of the chase!

"Mayhap I'll just take your word for it." she says a little nervously.

How old is she?

"Well, why not instead of you coming back here tomorrow you let me take you to dinner?" I ask again, making sure to keep a simple smile on my face.

"No, I can't." she says quietly.

Huh?


I feel my face fall. In the past, I would've been able to shake off a rejection like this, but now, after everything that's happened, I'm just not as good at hiding my true feelings anymore.

I had thought for sure everything was going great. This "no" came out of nowhere. For once, I have nothing to say.

"Alright. Well, it was nice to meet you, Kaiti." I say while looking down. I start to walk away when her hand reaches out to stop me.

"Jonah..."


"...What I mean is I can't tomorrow. I actually have other plans." she explains.

Of course you do. I quickly glance up to see a small smile on her face.

"But maybe some other time." she finishes.

She walks over, grabs a napkin from the bar, and writes something on it. She then sticks the napkin in my shirt pocket.


I smile back at her smile now as the bartender announces it's time to close up.

No comments:

Post a Comment