Monday, September 3, 2012

25: News Travels Fast



(originally posted on 10/07/2011)

Still Sunday

(Well, I get a message saying that Marie's boyfriend Andy has aged to young adult, so I decide to have Marie invite him over.)

The doorbell rings.

Marie: I'll get it! 


She swings down the banister and lands on the first floor.


Marie: Andy! That was fast! Wow! You look...different.
Andy: Yeah, I had a birthday and all that.
Marie: And you didn't invite me?
Andy: I didn't want to make a big deal over it.
Marie: You wouldn't believe all the crap that's going on over here.
Andy: Like?
Marie: Like my 'mom' didn't get out of bed this morning until noon.
Andy: Wha? How late was she out last night.
Marie: They both were. I had to take care of X-man, again. But I don't mind. They got in I guess about 5am or something.


They laugh. (Ugh, more lovely random fashion for Andy. I was too lazy to fix it.)

Marie: I mean really, who do they think they are? They acted all like they were sneaking back in and everything.
Andy: Ugh, parents are so weird.
Marie: So when I called and asked you to come over, you said you really wanted to talk.

Andy: Yes. Marie... this has been fun and all..
Marie: Has? What has?
Andy: Us being together.
Marie: What are you saying?
Andy: I'm saying.... I think we need to see other people for a while.
Marie's face falls.

Andy: Whoa! Hey! Just until you grow up a little. I don't think it's legal for us to see each other anymore.
Marie: Like my parents care.
Andy: I'm really sorry, Marie.
Marie: Fine! See you later then.

I hear Marie take several deep breaths as Andy walks out the door.

I go downstairs to see if she needs anything, wants to talk, etc.

Me: Marie? You okay?
Marie: I'm not, but don't worry about me, Mom. I'll be okay.

Her phone rings.

Marie: Hello?
____: Marie! You didn't recognize my number?
Marie: Um, no, who is this?
____: Oh yeah, I guess you wouldn't know my house number. It's Armand from school.
Marie: Armand, you goober. Why are you calling me from your house phone?
Armand: Because someone just called me on it, and it was already in my hand. How are you?
Marie: Uh, okay I guess.
Armand: I heard you and Andy just broke up.
Marie: Good grief! News travels fast in this town!
Armand: Well.... yeah. Dawson called me. He told me what Andy was going to do. I waited a minute or so and then called you.
Marie: If you'd called a minute sooner, you could've talked to Andy. He literally just left.
Armand: Oh. Sorry. I guess I am jumping the gun a bit huh?
Marie: What do you mean?

(I just love how Elena is standing there eavesdropping..Just like a clueless parent.)
Armand: I mean.... well.... you and I have been friends ever since you got back from that boarding school right?
Marie: Yeah...
Armand: So... I.... kinda wanted to ask you to last year's prom, but Andy beat me to it, and... I was wondering if you'dwannagotopromwithme? Just as friends if you want.
Marie: Er, yeah. I guess I'm free aren't I?

[missing screenshot 5]
They talk for a few minutes about prom plans. When Marie hangs up the phone, she just stands there, thinking for a minute.

Marie: I'm... going to go to Dad's for a bit okay?
Me: Sure, hun.

(Well, since Elena isn't supposed to know what went on... I'll only sorta include this part.)

Complaining about Andy

Marie asks John, "How are you?" Game says he's having a bad day.

Make of this what you think... They're talking about a woman, and it's not Elena. 




Marie's telling him about Elena's new house. Then, she goes in the back to the sim fu equipment with a happy sigh.

(Well, now this stupid firefox wants to restart. I'm on a different 'puter because my regular one is making an ominous rattling sound. I really hope it doesn't screw up my games. The puter runs, but it sounds like something is caught in a fan. Arg.)

2 comments:

  1. Poor Marie. But maybe Andy isn't the best catch for her, and too young, and having not dated any others. I can see his points.

    Marie and John's conversation was interesting. I love creating their words based on actions and thought bubbles! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie is more devastated than she wants to let on, but she's flattered that Armand wanted to jump at the chance to ask her out that fast.

      Sometimes I actually WANT to turn back on the headline effects (so weird to actually put a space in between those two words), but then I remember what a pain it can be when they think about stuff that has nothing to do with what I want to have going on. (like gardening, for example) Still, that time it WAS fun. :)

      Delete