Wednesday, September 5, 2012

27: All Better Now



(originally posted on 10/13/2011)

 My computer is working!! Yay! 
(I am now going to call the regular bar Leo's. That's what I'm calling it in my book so that will help me.) 
All Better Now 

Tuesday
 
Greg wants to go get a drink. He gets Marie to babysit again. 
(Ivana ages to regular adult.) 
 
(Ignore Greg in this shot. I forgot to change his clothes and when I did I continued with the hair growing out thing) 
When we get there I run into Betty. She has been helping Ivana spread her malicious lies. Oh, I'm ticked. 

Me: What the hell, Betty? You're not still up about me taking Greg from you, are you? 
Betty: You think this is all about that? Shows what you know. No, Ivana and I are just sick to death of the way men in this town treat you. 
Me: Oh? And how do they treat me...according to you? 
Betty: Are you really that stupid? 

 
Me: Excuse me? 
Betty: They treat you like you're some kind of goddess, and you expect them to. Well, we're sick of it. 
Me: So you're spreading malicious lies about me? 
Betty: They're not lies. 

 
Me: I don't know about the Greg and you not being divorced yet thing... but I did NOT sleep with Pascal. Everyone knows Tate was a walking trashbag of a human being. 
Betty: The Greg and me divorced thing? 
Me: Raquel told me that Ivana says that you two were not divorced when Greg and I first woohooed. (I feel like such a goober using that word.) 

 
Betty: Well, she's right. 
Me: What? 
Betty: Oh I'd told him we were through, but nothing was actually finalized until DAYS after that. 

 
Betty laughs in a mean fashion: You actually did me a favor. Divorcing Greg was a great move. So, thanks in a way. Ugh, what a pig. Haha, you two deserve each other. 
Me: Oh go suck a dead dog's nose. 

She laughs and walks off. I'm mad. What about all that about him not wanting to do anything real with me until I was divorced? Yet, he could when HE was the one going through the divorce? 
 
Meanwhile, Greg has been boring the heck out of the poor bartender. Something about not being able to put something in a drink due to liability issues. He doesn't look happy. 

 
(WOW, look in the window...the gnome is STANDING. The French ones hardly ever do that when I'm paying attention.) 

Greg: Elena, I've been meaning to talk to you about something. 
Me: You mean the fact that you weren't actually divorced all that time ago when I came over to your house that day... you KNOW what day I'm talking about. 
Greg: I was in essence divorced. 
Me: So was I from John when I left that house. Yet, you wouldn't touch me hardly at all until you knew it was final. 
Greg looks down and then cuts his eyes up to me: I grew up a lot from then til then. You're right. (he pauses) It was so long ago, can we just keep it a good memory? 
Me: Oh, whatever. 

I have just about had enough of him. Maybe I should eschew men all together. 

 
I change the subject before I say a bunch of things I might regret later: So, what was up with you and the bartender having that heated discussion? 
Greg: Nevermind, I found another way to solve my problem. At any rate, want a drink? 
Me: Well that's why we're here right? 

I'm getting a little snippy, I know. 

 
Betty laughs maniacally as she gets in Greg's way. 

 
So, I stand there in my bad mood, taking up space on the small dance floor. I notice these goofy guys smiling at me. One of them is my DAUGHTER's ex-boyfriend. 

 
Even though I hate them both. Maybe Betty and Ivana are right. Maybe I'm a worthless excuse for a human being and a complete strumpet. 

 
UGH! I can't believe I just used that word again! And, what is it with this guy looking at himself while also looking at me and dancing like a moron? Geez, dude, you look like you're dancing to Lou, Lou Skip to my Lou. Don't quit your day job, k? 

I have no idea what is WITH me today. I think the pressure is getting to me. Poor Greg. 

 
Greg: Here ya go, beautiful. 
Me: Thanks. 
Greg: So you finally learned how to take a compliment? 
Me: I mean thanks for the drink. 
Greg sighs loudly. 

 
Greg: Elena, are you okay? 
Me: No, I'm not. 
Greg: Do you want to talk about it? Is it Betty? Are you still mad about the whole bit about my not being divorced all that time ago? What? I'd hoped bringing you out tonight would get you out of this slump you seem to be getting into. 
Me: I'm getting into a slump. Is that what you think? 
Greg: How can I know what to think if you don't TELL ME? 

The dude dancing like a moron is REALLY getting on my nerves. 

 
Greg thinks I'm getting into a slump. What if he dumps me? What if he NEVER intended to really marry me? 
I drain my glass in one swift gulp. That is bound to make me belch later. Crud. 
Greg shrugs and drains his in one gulp, too. It's SO not fair that guys are allowed to belch and women aren't. 

 
(I have no idea why Greg looks so dad-gum ugly in this pic.) 

Greg: Babe, I'm getting concerned the stress of everything is getting to you. I feel responsible. But, you're shutting me out here. How can I help you like I want to if you're not going to let me. 
Me: Greg, I don't know what my deal is lately. I have a few ideas, but I don't know if I'm ready to discuss them with anyone yet. 

 
Greg:I just want you to know, again, that I love you. I'm so thrilled I can hardly stand it that you're with me. Do you want to go do something fun? A vacation? 
I smile: Oh, Greg. I love you, too. (I pause) I feel so stressed out. 

Not to mention I'm about to kick the moron's butt if he comes and dances any closer to me. 

 
Then, without warning, he just flat out kisses me. I think I hear Betty chuckle behind us. Nosy old woman. Oh well, hey, have I ever mentioned Greg is a fabulous kisser? 

 
Greg: Sorry for the attack. 
Me: Don't be sorry. 
Greg: I think the bartender put something in my drink. 
Me: Well, then she did mine too. 

Just then some guy in a weird delivery man outfit walks up to Greg. 

 
Greg bought me roses! 

Greg: So, when the drink idea wasn't going to work out, I bought these. White. 
Me: And shiny. Especially this one...what is that? 

I drop something out of the roses. It makes a ching ching ching sound as it bounces. Greg manages to catch it. Wait... is it.... 

 
As Greg catches it he stays on one knee. Oh my... 

 
Greg: Eh, it looks better in the box than with the roses anyway. 

Is he talking to me or to himself? Oh who cares! 

Greg: Elena... 
Me: Yes...? 

 
Greg: I realize it's taken me almost forever to get around to this, but I wanted you to feel settled before things got all crazy again for a while. Because crazy certainly happens... Well.... Will you marry me? 

 
Me: Yes!! oh yes! 

That makes things alot better. 

 
Me: I think I'm better now. 
Greg laughs: Was THAT it? 

 
Me: Yes, and I'm all better now. 

Greg just smiles. Hey! Even Betty is smiling. Well, I guess there's an ounce of caring in her after all. 

 
Me: I'm sorry I was acting so off. I was actually scared you didn't want me anymore. 
Greg: That will never happen. 

 
I got better.

No comments:

Post a Comment