Sunday, September 23, 2012

34: Playing Around



(originally posted 11/09/2011)

Monday I think...

Greg: Where do you think you're going?
Me: Upstairs to change. (I laugh) You got me all sweaty.
Greg snorts: Why do we even HAVE a hot tub if you're not going to use it? C'mon... no one's watching...

O.O

He starts taking everything off when...

...the hot tub starts suddenly filling with green slime. At least it did that BEFORE we got in it.

Me: Why does everything have to break!? This drives me crazy.

Greg just shakes his head with a small smile and pulls out his phone.

Greg: Calm down, Elena. So we'll just use it later. I've got the repair lady coming by.

I sigh exasperatedly and walk upstairs to change. Greg runs up the stairs after me and tackles me onto the bed.

Me: What the?
Greg: I just thought since you were changing your clothes anyway...
Me: Uh huh.
Greg: Well, why not start trying right now?

I just laugh. Why not?


Greg: Now you're REALLY sweaty. (He grins impishly.)
I roll my eyes: Let me go take a shower then.
Greg: Can I come?
Me: No! (I laugh at his sad expression-he can't fool me!) Just give me a minute? (the last word said in question)
Greg pouts: Okay.... (then his face perks up) Hey! Sounds like the hot tub is getting repaired!

I just grin. He's being a silly kind of happy, and it's contagious.
Right after I get in the shower I hear Marie's shower kick on. Good thing he waited until I was done. Our lame water system can't handle two showers going at once--unless you want an ice bath.
When I get out I just go ahead and put on my swimsuit. Then I go out to sit in the nice, freshly clean hot tub. That repair lady was FAST.


Greg: Hey beautiful, mind if I join you?
I purse my lips a little and give him a small glare: Sure, I've got nothing else better to do.
Greg: Hey!
I laugh.
Greg: Seriously, come here.

He pulls me in and wraps his arm around me.

Greg: I just can't wait to have a baby. I was an only child you know, and I want to have a lot of kids. Thing is, we already have a lot of kids. (He squeezes me and sighs happily.) What with Marie, Xavier, and now I have some custody rights to DeMarco...with this new baby it'll be a full house.

Uh oh. A small feeling of dread comes over me. I don't know what to tell him. I already agreed to having this child... but my decision really was based on the fact that I am going to be heartbroken every time John takes the kids--This way I'd have someone John can't touch with a custody battle. Also, I really do want a little Gregish imp running around. But, now with DeMarco...if we have all of them at the same time there won't be enough beds let alone room! And I'm supposed to be the MOTHER of the crew? I want to faint.


Greg doesn't give me any more time to think on it. Have I ever mentioned he's VERY good at distracting my thoughts? Maybe I have.


Afterwards, we just sit there in the hot tub until Marie gets home from school. John is supposed to bring Xavier by at 6. I have to get dinner started and I'm worried Greg is going to get a sunburn. I bet he already did.


Pretty sure it's Tuesday


Oh great. This is how I wake up the next morning. Why does this happen so quickly?

After my "lovely" visit to the restroom, I go and sit in the hot tub for a bit because my back is bothering me. Probably from the previous visit in this hot tub.

Later, when I go to check on Greg since he hasn't gotten up, I find that yes indeed he did get a sunburn. He had been trying to deny and/or prevent it all evening and night. I try to rub some aloe on his back, but since I've never had a sunburn myself I apparently don't know how to do it right. He sends me out as I apologize and he keeps wincing.

After a while my stomach starts bothering me again. I decide to go get something with bubbles in it at Leo's.


It's about noon by now and a few people come in for lunch. Suddenly...


Poof! I spin into maternity wear. Guess I'm pregnant.

Oh look, there's John. Last night we sorted through a few of our problems while Greg was upstairs rubbing wet tea bags all over himself trying to drive away the sunburn. ANYway, John and I sat at the table and worked out a better custody agreement. We're doing one week off, one week on. We're going to get it put down on paper because I don't trust him and I think he doesn't trust me. I don't blame him. Also, I was really impressed at how calm he was. I guess the anger management has been helping him.

So, I decide to go over and talk to him. He challenges me to a game.


Me: Bring it!
John: Elena, there's no way you're going to win this. I've got it hands down.
Me: Uh uh, I've got skills.

He just laughs and we play.


John: Um, Elena... You're looking a little... different.
Me: Quit trying to distract me.


I scored.

Me: And, yes, I'm pregnant.

John's hands get loose on his side as I win the game. I look up and grin at him. He looks shocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment