Friday, September 7, 2012

29: Mildly Awkward


(originally posted on 10/16/2011)

Wednesday

(It's another prom day! I have no idea why the 'wisdom' of the game sets up a prom on a Wednesday, but it does.)


It's time for this year's prom for Marie. I'm so happy someone asked her, even though it was a little weird that the boy asked her RIGHT AFTER Andy broke up with her. I really hope she has a good time, she's been very moody lately.

Also, I got a promotion today! I beat out Ivana for the corporate drone position we'd been vying for. She seems to be distracted about something, and I don't think it's me...which is good.


Here he is, Armand. They have been friends for a long time. He's a tiny bit shy of me when he comes in, but Marie helps him relax.


Marie: Armand! You're a little early. Luckily for you I'm not one of those girls to freak out that you're early because I'm not ready or something.
Armand chuckles: I didn't think you'd mind, and I was just sitting at home with Mom gushing all over me and driving me crazy. The limo should be here in a little bit anyway.

So, I try very hard not to 'gush' over the two of them. I'm happy that at least Marie and Armand wear their formal attire.


Armand gets in the limo first. I can't help but notice he's a little sad that Marie didn't sit next to him.



OK now they're not here so I can gush.... They're SO CUTE !!!!


(I guess not everyone gets to go to prom. She looks sad. Out of curiosity I'm going to put this in..just to see if anything happens. Her name is Judy Doss.)


(This is another interesting thing... is the papprazzi lady talking to Raquel or ABOUT Raquel?)


Armand asks Marie to go steady! (While she was doing the 'funky chicken' lmbo) That sly dog. I wondered if it was more than 'just friends.' I'm so happy for her. He's a real sweet boy. Certainly sweeter than that Andy boy... Andy man. Also, she made prom queen! Now she has a crown to keep at John's and one for our house.


We didn't get to sleep well tonight because one of Greg's ex-girlfriends come to try to rob our place!!!


I'm scared out of my mind. Part of me wishes John were here. That same part wishes that it was him to come to my rescue. It's not, however. Sigh.
(And why the heck is he thinking about romance at a time like this? Does he have a thing for her? I think it's Ami Groves, but that really isn't important.)


He gets the job done, though.


Naturally, we go downstairs and jump around like idiots. Then Greg just stands there! Oh, it's more than I can take.


This is not the best thing to wear when the cops visit. =/


Thank goodness nothing was stolen. He did come in to make me feel better. He kind of reminded me of a clown that my parents hired for a flop of a birthday. I had nightmares about that clown for months.

(side note: Eartha Hampton (formerly Eartha Moves-yeah) who is married to Dominique Hampton moved in with Chip Offablock, who is married to Ivana. So, there's another love triangle, square, pentagram? thing going on behind the scenes. I wonder if this is why Ivana is in such a bad mood?)


Me: So, tell me, how is John doing?
Him: He's not great, but he's getting better. At first he was just sitting at his desk staring into space, but the past few days he's started coming back to himself.
Me: I'm glad to hear he's doing better.


He has pretty eyes. Sigh, I'm a sucker for a man in uniform. I wish I could remember his name, oh well.

We all go back to bed and get Xavier to settle down.


Thursday



I hear Greg hollaring in the shower this morning. Arg, Marie is still up to her old tricks, I guess.

I go to work, Marie goes to school. I haven't mentioned yet that Greg doesn't leave for work until I get home, so he's there to care for Xavier during the day. I hate that I don't get to see him much during the week, though.


He told me about his less-than-graceful practice with the training dummy we got to make Marie happy.

He goes off to work as soon as I get home. I hear the doorbell ring sometime not too long after dinner.


It's John?!

John: I heard that your 'bachelorette party' (he says scoffingly) is tomorrow so I wondered if you'd like me to take the kids a day early.
Me: No, that won't be necessary. The party doesn't start until 7, so I'll bring them by when Marie gets home from school. (I pause) We had someone try to rob our place last night!
John: Really? Yes, that's right I did hear a little something about that. (his turn to pause) Well, if I'm not taking him back with me tonight, then I'll give him something I made.


Me: Oh, John how wonderful! A little dog that barks and walks. And look, he loves it.
John: (to Xavier) You like the toy Daddy made? You'll see Daddy tomorrow.
Me: That's probably going to be his new favorite toy.

He walks back over to me.

John: So, where IS Greg anyway?
Me: They were hosting a competition at the stadium today after work. He couldn't resist staying. I don't expect him back for a few more hours.

He's quiet. I'm quiet. The quiet gets longer. This is getting awkward. Think of something to say darnit.


I make the horrible mistake of picking the worse subject possible... the wedding this Sunday.

John: Elena, why in the world would you think I wanted to talk about this. I don't care anymore. Live your life, I'll live mine.

Oops. I am such a dummy.


I hear Marie scoff loudly as she walks over to John.

Marie: Hey, Dad! They actually bought me sim fu equipment for over here!
John: That's great. I'm so proud of you... maybe you could teach ME some moves this weekend.
Marie: That'd be great. And I'm looking forward to all next week while they're gone. We'll have so much fun!'
John: Looking forward to it.


While they're talking I go over and start horsing around with Xavier. John goes to the restroom. I guess it's location is kind of obvious since it's the only door (besides the front door) on the first floor.


Marie just stands there staring at me with this unreadable expression on her face.

John leaves not too long after that, and we all go to bed. Greg still isn't back, but I'm not too surprised.

I am so happy to be marrying Greg on Sunday. I dream happy dreams, waiting for him to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment