Tuesday, September 25, 2012

35: Preggers and X-man Ages Up



(originally posted on 11/09/2011)

Me: John, you okay?
John blinks a few times: Uh, yes. That just took me by surprise.
Me: Sorry.
John: I thought you wouldn't want to have another baby.

I stand there a little wide-eyed, staring at him. How did he know that? We'd never discussed kids after Xavier.


Me: Greg really wants a baby. I'm okay with it.
John looks at me like he doesn't believe the last thing I said.
I ask defensively: What?
John sighs in an aggravated manner: Nevermind. I won't tell you how to live your life. Wanna dance?
Me: Er, okay.

What is he getting at 'I won't tell you how to live your life'? Like HE knows better. It was always that way with him. Nothing like a reminder of why we're divorced, well, other than Greg.

Still though, I really appreciate how he understands. Oh, I won't admit that to HIM, and I'm actually a little pleasantly surprised that he cares.


We hit the little dance floor and we're quiet for a few minutes.

John: I'm sorry, Elena. I'm just concerned.
Me: Don't worry about it. (I pause) So, how are you and Raquel doing?
John: We're not. She didn't tell you?
Me: I haven't spoken to her in a while. I'm sorry to hear it.
John shrugs: Eh, it wasn't going anywhere and we both knew it. We've just been friends for too long.

I trip and almost fall, but in a reflex action John catches me. I breathe a sigh of relief. I look up at him in gratitude, and he does that slow smile of his. My heart goes thud. There are some parts about John that I really miss.

John: Still can't stay on your own two feet I see.
I smile: I'm fine as long as their's always someone to catch me.


We dance quietly some more. He's being a little obvious that he doesn't want me to overdo it.


He just stares at me. I'm getting a little self-conscious. I look away, but I can still FEEL him looking at me. He once told me to never ask a man what he's thinking because you probably don't want to know. This is one of those times.


Me: I probably should be getting home now.
John: Alright. See you.

He looks a little down. That bugs me. Geez, that bugs me that that bugs me.

I go home to tell Greg about the upcoming baby. He nearly wets himself with excitement. I don't think I've ever seen him smile this big.

Greg: Hey there, baby. You're gonna join a pretty big family. We're all so excited you're on your way. Just hang out with Mommy some and then Daddy can play with you too.

Men are so weird when it comes to their babies. Cute weird, but weird.


Greg looks up at me: This is so GREAT!


He stands up and I can't help but mirror his smile.


Then, without warning, he closes the gap between us and kisses me so passionately that I doubt I'll ever be able to recover from it.

Friggin-A he's a great kisser.


That night we dream the dreams of happy people.


Possibly Wednesday


Early this morning Betty dropped off DeMarco since she and what's-his-name could go on a second honeymoon. I feel a little awkward around him. I mean, here I am... the woman that caused the breakup of his parents sitting right next to him eating a breakfast salad. Finished eating, I get up to wash my plate.


The bad part is now I don't know who to blame.


Looks like Greg is a victim too. I can't help but want to blame DeMarco. He had a little time before we all got up this morning to do this, and Marie, I think, is just a bit old for this kind of crap.

Before she leaves for school I ask Marie if she did it.

Marie: You just don't get it do you? Don't I have enough drama in my life without you blaming me for stuff I didn't do?! How could I even have the TIME to orchestrate something like that?


Me: Chill out, Marie! Geez, I was just asking because you used to do this kind of stuff.
Marie lets out a huff.


Me: Maybe a change of scenery would help you if you have too much going on. Perhaps that preppy boarding school we heard about? That would take you away from all this "drama."


Marie: NO! Please! Please. I'm sorry okay? I'll try to keep my problems to myself. But, no, I didn't do it!


Me: Alright, alright. Just calm down. I said it as a maybe. I just worry that your grades are slipping because of all the things that might be going on. You know, you CAN come to me to talk about them. As long as you don't yell them to me. You don't have to hold it all inside.
Marie: Yeah, maybe.


That night, I decide to go ahead and throw a birthday party for Xavier. I invite over all the people that are important to him. Hmm, looks like a Parren birthday. Eric, Sue and Jonah are here. For some strange reason, Alex and Dawson Creek were invited as well. I guess Marie invited them...as well as her boyfriend.


John and Greg hardly speak to one another. Geez guys, please don't ruin Xavier's party, K?

There's a little tiff about who's going to help Xavier blow out the candles. I just give Greg a warning look and he agrees to let John do it.

Greg does stand real close and kind of gets in John's way the whole time, though.

(mypalsim1: This was neat how the game did this. John obviously doesn't live there but he was chosen as the one to do the cake bit.)


cute


I hope he gets the cross-eyedness from his father's side. Who knows about my side. They're John's eyes after all.


At the party I also notice where some of Marie's drama is coming from. I get the feeling Dawson is making a play for his brother's ex-girlfriend. Oh boy. And her actual boyfriend just stands there and watches helplessly.


Okay that's better. Just a momentary growth spurt thing.

2 comments:

  1. Only me, just finally getting around to reading this ;)

    As far as I know, the sim with the highest relationship to the toddler/baby will be the one to take them to the cake. I could be wrong though.

    Enjoying this so far, but I've read this far just today... I may have to bookmark where I get to and give my eyes a rest haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! Wow, going back to my old way of doing it. I wrote it like a script almost before I went to just book style writing. It's so.... simple. lol.

      Oh okay, I never knew that actually. It's also been a while since I've had a sim birthday party too come to think of it.

      Glad you're liking it! Yeah, so many many chapters. It's my first sims 3 baby. I can never let it completely die.

      Also, it was neat as I read over this again to watch Marie and all the stuff that's starting to happen. It takes me back. :)

      Thanks for taking an interest!

      Delete