Monday, October 1, 2012

36: Pondering



(originally posted on 11/16/2011)

Thursday

I'm really starting to get huge. Greg constantly tells me that no, I'm not huge and it's sexy that I'm having his baby.

Me: I feel terrible though. My back is killing me.
Greg smiles at me: Well, why haven't you gone to the spa yet?
Me: I'm just too tired.
Greg: I'll drive you if you want.

So, I go buy a huge package at the spa, and Greg goes back home. He says he'll pick me back up later.

However...my spa visit gets interrupted.


I can't believe this is happening... and I can't walk this time. It's too far. I call Greg..


...and his phone is busy.
Some random guy offers his scooter to me.


I'm desperate, so I take it. Probably not the best idea, but I get there safely. I get admitted, and I'm constantly trying to get in touch with Greg. Where the heck is he?


Finally he answers the blasted phone. Who on earth was he talking to anyway? I never get the chance to ask him, because he hangs up and heads over.


When all the insanity surrounding me calms down, I deliver a baby boy. We named him Benjamin. Boys. Boys everywhere is what this is going to feel like once Marie grows up.


I can't quite tell what color eyes he has. It's always so hard to tell with newborns. It almost looks like he's a redhead. That would be nice. Just like how I pictured him...a little Greg running around. Of course, all that doesn't matter really. He's already showing what a sweet baby he'll be.
(loves the outdoors and athletic-traits)


I decide to walk home because I'm such a trooper that I recover like nothing happened. Greg is somewhere behind me, on the phone again.

As I walk home, I pass by the house that Greg lived in when I first moved here. He didn't seem to care that Betty was pregnant then, and then he hardly saw Demarco. What if he decides all this is too much for him?


What would I do if he left me? There I'd be... 2 boys and a teenage girl. I never wanted kids to begin with. Not that I don't LOVE my kids. Who was he talking to on the phone? I asked him and he said, "Nobody, don't worry about it." Don't worry about it? Why won't he just tell me? I hope I'm freaking out for nothing.


We get home and X-man is dutifully doing his homework. Thank you, Marie. I love on Ben a little before Greg begs to hold him.


Greg mumbles little words to Ben that I can't understand. He's so sweet. Why was I thinking all that crap earlier?

(Poof, she changes clothes. )
I hear a noise behind me.


Me: Demarco! WHAT were you doing to that toilet?
Demarco: Ooo I like this song.
Me: Answer the question.


Me: What were you doing to the toilet?
Demarco: Nothing.
Me: Right. I have no reason to believe you're telling the truth.


Demarco: Hey, back off! You didn't see anything!
Me: It was you last time.

This boy is EVIL. He truly is going to be dangerous with those green eyes of his father's one day.


Demarco: But I didn't do anything!
Me: I don't believe you for a second, Demarco. If I find that anything, and I do mean ANYTHING, is wrong with that toilet you are in big trouble!


He is SO going to get it. That boy has had way too much bad influence from his mother.

(btw, those are the flowers from the engagement. )

So, I go and explain to Greg what happened about the toilet and the lies. He goes and puts Ben in the crib then punishes Demarco. I don't feel like I should be that involved in that. So, I have no idea what Greg decided to do. Probably got off with a lot less than he would have with me. I've been dealing with the pranks way too much.

(Here's a little side note.)

Tate is dead. While he was in jail some other inmates got hold of him and decided they'd deal their own form of "justice" that they give creeps with that crime.

(Yes, I know that's a grave marker for a meteor. I had a list to choose from so why not choose that one? Haha.)


Friday



The next morning, I hear Xavier get up at around two. When I asked him why later, he said he really needed to brush his teeth...twice.


I still can't figure out what color eyes Ben has, and I don't know why I'm obsessing over it. I think they might be green. Oh yeah, he got another creepy doll. I did NOT put it in the crib. I have no idea who put it in the crib with him. It's not a good idea to have toys in the crib when the baby is in there. So, I take it out.

I get an invite to the Blanc's house for a party. Marie is, of course, coming too since Armand Blanc is her boyfriend. I hire a sitter.

The second I get there, John's brother Jonah gets hold of me and asks me to dance. I'm not expecting Greg for a while so I say fine. Jonah's dating the maid I had when I was married to John, Eva Trout. She may still work for John, I don't know. So why isn't Eva here now?

Jonah: I'm glad I caught you, Elena.
Me: Really? Why?
Jonah: I've been trying to figure out how to talk to you about something.

Me: "Talk to me about something." What?
Jonah: About John.
Me: Yeah?
Jonah: He's been really down lately. I'm getting a little worried.

Jonah? Worried? Jonah has the emotional depth of a small puddle, and he's actually worried.

Jonah: He claims it's because of his breakup with Raquel. I'm not so sure. I don't even know if HE knows what his problem is. I tried to get him to talk about it, but he closed up and avoided any topic that might bring him around to telling me what's wrong. I was hoping that maybe if YOU talked to him...
Me: Right. Like he'd talk to me about anything.
Jonah: He might.
Me: I don't know...

Jonah: Please? You know me, Elena. I wouldn't ask if I didn't really need you to do this.
Me: I'll see what I can do I guess.

Jonah dances off and finds another partner.

Well, great. Now I have another worry to add to my list. First, is Greg going to leave me like he did Betty? Why won't he tell me who that was on the phone? Second, Demarco and all the problems I'm having, and will continue to have no doubt, with him. Now, John. John's a big boy. He can take care of himself. Still. JONAH is the one that asked me to do it. If Eric had done that, I might've thought it wasn't necessary for me to go and talk to John. Great. Now I'm really worried. And how in the hell could I possibly help?

No comments:

Post a Comment