Saturday, October 13, 2012

45: This Sounds Familiar



(originally posted 02/07/2012)

Friday


When I wake up in the morning, I am no more ready to figure out what I'm going to do than I was a few days ago. If I don't figure out what to do then the decision will be made for me again.

I call in to work. My boss is awesome and gave it to me when I asked for a sanity day. My sitter still comes in, and I take the opportunity to get out of the house. I don't feel like putting on my makeup today, however.


(No, that's not Sylvia to her left. It's a look-a-like. I really gotta work on my townies sometimes.)

This time it's my turn to get consoled by the bartender. I don't know how she does it. She perpetually lightens the mood of the whole bar.


I order onion rings. Comfort food. Who cares if I get fat anyway? Why should I get involved with ANYone? I just ruin everything anyhow.


I stay a while and have a few drinks, and the sitter calls wondering where I am. I ask him if he would stay a little longer. He asks he would if I would pay him extra for the time and if he could have his girlfriend over there as well. I'm like, sure. Whatever. Be my guest. Just because my love life is crap doesn't mean I have to ruin it for everyone.

But, Greg loves you right? He's just mad.
Yeah, he's so mad that he's given up and left. "well, we tried."
Well, John still loves you. He's all but said it.
Oh.. great... another chance to screw things up with him. I don't need to waste more of his time.


Greg walks in.

Great. Just great. Here he sees me with no makeup on. Fabulous.

He spins his keyring on one finger after looking at me, then leaves. I run after him, trying to get him to stop and talk to me. At first, he acts like he's going to ignore me, but then he finally stops.


Me: Greg! Please talk to me!
Greg: Well, this sounds familiar. I tried to talk to you, but you wouldn't.


(Sorry they're dark, but well, it's nighttime.)

Me: We DID talk, Greg!
Greg: No, I mean when you locked yourself in the bathroom. I don't like your definition of "square one". So, I thought I'd make our situation even easier for you.
Me: Easier for ME? By you walking out?


Greg: Yes, easier. Come off it. You were never going to forgive me.
Me: Well if you don't give me a chance, how can I?


Greg gets angry: Give you a chance! Give you a chance?! What do you think I've been DOING all this time? Fine! I thought to myself. I thought you'd be better off if I just left since I was making you so miserable!
Me: Greg! I needed more than a few days!
Greg: A few days... So, how's JOHN lately?
Me: What?

Where did THAT come from?!

Greg: I was going to come by yesterday afternoon, but no. I look through the window and there you two are getting more than friendly on the couch! So is he as good as you remember?


Me: How dare you!
Greg: I'm not an idiot.
I use his words against him: Now that sounds familiar.
Greg: Ah hah! So you ARE sleeping with him!
Me: NO I'm not! Not everyone is ready to jump into bed like you are apparently.
Greg: I've never slept with a married woman, so that's one I have over John.
Me: Are you listening? I'm NOT sleeping with him! He just came by to visit. Then he was just comforting me.


Greg says sarcastically: Yeah, right, Elena. He was just "comforting" you. You can't fool me. YOU may have not known what he was thinking, but I can bet you I know.

He desperately needs to be slapped. I stand there and seethe.


Greg gets in his car: You can keep Benjamin, by the way. At least for now. Right now I want no part of you.

Then he drives away as I start crying.

2 comments:

  1. Just what I thought. Greg is the one who made the first move by cheating on her, and now has moved on and he is trying to make Elena look like the guilty one. I really really hope this bites him in the rear. What was he expecting, he left her a note saying that he was going to divorce her. Greg is a coward, creep, slimeball, and anything lower than the bottom of a snail's slimy belly, no he is lower than pond scum. I really really hope that he looses his baby, and the child grows up to detest this creep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't hold back and tell me how you really feel! LOL.

      John has it right. Greg is hurting, and people do stupid things when they're hurting. John knows this because he was no exception. Does that make Greg not a jerk? Nope. He's a jerk. Lol. For the longest time he had the reputation of dirtbag. :)

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete