Tuesday, August 14, 2012

12: The Wedding



(originally posted 9/27/2011)

Well, that night Sabrina threw a party, and I wanted to get out of the house. John went out back and worked more on his sim fu..both to blow off some steam and he's excited about going to China. For some reason, Sabrina told everyone to come in their swimsuits? She doesn't have a pool.

I get there and realize a possible reason why the swimsuits...Sabrina has invited only the men who work out alot. :/ Her marriage isn't going so great.



Um, this is my old boss. Apparently, she's not too happy with me. Maybe because she has to deal with Tate on a day-to-day basis?

Regardless, she shouldn't be doing this to me behind my back. Rude! To my face she's all smiles. Ugh, I'm SO GLAD I got out of that hospital.


Well this is good...I got to have a nice conversation with Jonah, my future brother-in-law. Sabrina was flirting heavily with him. He looked flattered but a little overwhelmed, and he was hiding in the bathroom. The ONLY bathroom in the house. People were standing outside nearly wetting themselves.


He was happy to leave in a little while. Like all good townies, Sabrina was passed out asleep within hours of the party starting.

Fighting for the bathroom seemed to be a common theme for this party.

Also, I have no idea what Sabrina's son (I can't remember his name) found so funny about me, but he kept cracking up. Yes, I'm wearing a swimsuit at a party with no pool, water slide, etc. Blame your mom you creepy teenager! 

 
Saturday
Saturday morning dawned. I'm so excited! 2 o'clock just can't get here fast enough. I had my hair done and my dress perfect within minutes. Honestly, it's like I just spun around real fast and poof! I was ready!



This isn't the best pic of the chapel. At the time, I was more interested in getting the fact that cars would drive off the road onto the grass to get up to the lot. (I need to go around and get the townies better cars....)


I didn't realize that this would be the first picture you see of me in my dress...and I'm asking Greg why he's here...that I'm worried about what John would do. Greg told me that I was an important person to him, and he wanted to be here to see me get married.

Honestly, I had spent half the night last night losing sleep over the whole Greg/John choice. I decided to stick with my choice of marrying John. Maybe once upon a time I could have really loved Greg, but John is the one that has my heart. It did bug me a little that I had second thoughts, but everyone has those, right?


Greg: Elena, I just want you to be happy.

Right then John walked up. He was all smiles. He didn't even act like he was bothered by Greg being there. Maybe this won't be a fiasco after all.

(OK, WHY are there trashy pieces of furniture in the background? Don't blame me, they're off the lot and a mysterious part of the neighborhood. I didn't notice them until I started making the chapel, and by then I was NOT about to go and redo the ceiling to make it a bigger lot and delete the ugly furniture. )

John: Elena, are you ready?

last chance a little voice in my head told me.
Me: Yes.

(Ok, I apologize ahead of time...I went a little snap-happy )

Here we are...finally...at the wedding arch. 





John: Elena, would you promise to always be my one true love, my wife, as long as we both shall live?

Eric was cheering, Sabrina was crying, Brook jumped and was trying to get a better spot.


Oh wow, what a nice ring! 

Me: John, would you promise to always be my one true love, my husband, as long as we both shall live? 

He looked so happy as I placed the ring on his finger. Honestly, he was acting like a little kid at Disneyland. 




Mr. and Mrs. John and Elena Parren.
I'm so happy.

John goes over to talk to Eric about the great spread of food that is getting prepared. Everyone is cheering.....well almost everyone.

Later I found out that John had whispered some mean stuff about Greg to Eric. Greg must've heard it.

I cut the cake while John watches. Erm...I could use a little help here!

Amazingly, I don't screw it up and spill cake all over the ground!

(I have NO IDEA who the guy in the yellow baseball cap is. I left the party open to walk-ins just out of curiosity... Total wedding crasher.)

My two new brothers-in-law come sit next to me as we eat cake. My old boss Aimee was upset by that. She had something she wanted to talk about..but I never got to find out what.

First dance as a married couple. Wow! Is it evening already?
 

Whoa! I almost fall, but John catches me. He just grins that special grin. Have I mentioned he has lovely teeth? So many good things about this guy, and all I can think about when he smiles are his great teeth. At least he saved me from an embarrassing display of sprawled bride all over the dance floor.


Greg: Dude, what are you doing here?
Dude (well, what else can I call him?): Well, I...um
Greg: You weren't invited. You're not even dressed right. Probably be a good idea for you to leave. The groom isn't the best example of humanity. (simanity?)
Greg and that guy both leave soon after that. I think I heard the bar mentioned.

People start to leave little by little. John and I haven't stopped dancing. I have so much adrenaline running in my system I probably could dance all night if I wanted to.
John's phone rings....he DIDN'T turn it OFF for the wedding!!!!!!!!

He gave me an apologetic look...He has to go into work. Emergency raid or something and they have to have him there. What if it had happened tomorrow with us gone? I'll tell you...they'd just have to DO WITHOUT. I'm even more upset that John actually left.....

Well, well, well. Here's another surprise. It's Marie. Apparently the academy called and 'recommended' that she come home. She just shows up at the wedding unannounced with the letter from the headmaster.

Most everyone is gone, so Marie decides that NOW is a good time to do a workout. She was mumbling to herself about how fat she had gotten and that she felt ugly.
I start cleaning up the tables. Hey! We saved a little money by offering to do our own clean up. Miraculously, I don't get anything on my dress, but I'm NOT HAPPY that I have to do this myself since John is going to be at the station for quite a while tonight...our wedding night.

Needless to say...when he got home I was in bed asleep. ASLEEP. He told me later that he tried to wake me up, but I was so tired that it was actually kinda cute (?) and he decided to just let me sleep. I don't remember any of that. I must've been really tired.

The next morning I wake up, take my shower, and just stand here admiring my ring. I'm a married woman. Mrs. John Parren. Mrs. Elena Parren. Elena Schwartz Parren. Mrs. Parren. So strange. So nice. ummmm...wait a minute....my initials are ESP. great.

While I was waiting for the time to leave for our flight, we got presents in the mail! I have no idea how they fit in the mailbox...there must be some kind of time/space bending going on. Well, stranger things have happened.

Off we go on our honeymoon!

3 comments:

  1. Greg really does not like John at all. I think that face wasn't about whispers, but about the marriage he could not stop. Poor townie came for some cake and Greg ran him off. I can't blame her at all for noticing John's teeth above all else really. A man with a fantastic smile is almost as nice as a man with really nice legs ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're absolutely right. Greg was heartbroken, but he was a good guy and let Elena make the decision. Only time will tell if he'll be okay.

      LMBO on the teeth thing. That's from me personally. I kept noticing the sim had nice teeth, so I kept putting it in. :D Well, he does. And well, you're right! Nice butts are good too.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
    2. Oh yeah... leg... butt... heh ^_^

      Delete