Friday, August 10, 2012

8: Joshua Maro's Party and Naked Pillow Fight

(originally posted 9/26/2011)


Well, things settle down a bit for us. I go back inside and study some more for work. As I sit on the chair a 'poot' noise erupts. Ugh! Marie strikes again! This makes me feel less like studying...I'm doing it so we can have more money to get a better house....for her! Well....I guess also because John seems to think this house is too small. I don't know what he's getting at. I think it's cute and adorable. Yeah, it's tight when Marie is home, but other than that, it's fine.


John walks in, and he starts talking about how wherever we move that we need to pick a house that helps the environment. Gee, I really love this guy. I'm thinking about how so many places produce pollution and that I don't want to live near a factory.

Me: I really freakin love you, you know that? 

His mouth drops open. Oh, I guess I've never said that to him before. He just picks me up and carries me off to the bedroom.


He insisted we get a new bed, and I didn't mind. I could no longer stand the sight of the old one. After plopping me down on the bed, he walks around and lays down on the other side. He sits there a sec, then starts to reach for me.

Me: Wait! wait! I just got something in the mail that I ordered online...wait til you see!
John: Ok, I'll get more comfy too.


John: Oh...I guess that wasn't for 'comfort' was it? I like it.

Ehem..well, skip ahead...
I get a phone call from Joshua Maro later that afternoon. He invites us both to a party at his 'new' house.


When we get there we can clearly hear Greg talking about me to this other guy, Mason Creek. I had officially ended it with him for good while John had been mad at me, and apparently he thought we still had something going even tho I hadn't seen him in weeks.
John gets this steely look in his eyes. He goes in and confronts him, and they take their argument out into the living room.


Greg: OH! So you're the new guy! Yeah, Tate said at the bar that you worked out alot. I don't blame you for beating the crap outta that guy, but I don't see why you think you're so special. 

John childishly does the little hand puppet mimic of what Greg just said.
Greg is really looking ticked off now. 

Greg: What are you, some kind of nut?
John acts like he can't hear what Greg is saying. 

John: You're not even worth listening to. Face it, Elena wants nothing to do with you. So, stop talking bad about her to other people...if you know what's good for you.
Greg gives him the "bring it" hand motion.
I'm thinking, 'oh guys, please don't ruin Joshua's party...' 

Greg: Man, I'm not kidding. Elena is no good. If you were smart, you'd leave her alone. Don't get the heartbreak that she gave me. Tate...he's a nub. He's married, he shouldn't have even tried with her.
John: Um, weren't you married, too?
Greg snorts: I shouldn't have married Betty. I knew that as soon as I saw Elena again that day. Ok, so I used Elena a bit to help along the annulment/divorce/whatever. I wanted to keep the relationship with Elena going, but SOMEBODY talked her out of it....
John: You were a married man!
Greg: You had a girlfriend!
John: I ended it with Ivana before even going out with Elena!
Greg: You mean Ivana ended it with you because Betty told her about you two being at the bar all night!

The argument was getting more and more heated. I'm a little confused. I was sure that Greg was just using me, that he didn't ever real feel anything for me. Also, this is getting a little embarrassing with everyone able to hear their argument. Sabrina Funke kept giving me the confused expression. Everyone else was TRYING not to pay attention, and all were failing miserably.

Joshua Maro: Ok guys, well, that's enough for tonight. I'm tired anyway. Thanks for coming over. (his wife was already sleeping)(what is it with these townies throwing a party then going to bed after it had only been going for a couple hours?)


Joshua pointedly looked at John. Great. He's afraid that John is trying to start WWIII in his living room. Everyone is leaving. John and Greg look at one another like 'this isn't over' and I'm just freaking out.

Well, as things happen, Monday came again.
That afternoon I was working in the garden like usual when this boy came and decided our front yard was the place to do his homework. His name is Dawson Creek. (yes, another joke name) He's the son of the guy that Greg was talking to last night before we arrived at the party. He finished his homework, ran over to the backyard, and asked if Marie was home. I told him she went to boarding school. He looked a little down about that, and said that that explains why she wasn't in school lately. Sweet.

Tuesday...

John got a promotion to patrol officer. He's thrilled. He can just feel the SIA looking at him as a potential agent. 

He goes to the salon and gets a tattoo. He tells the girl doing it that he doesn't want anything too ostentatious because he hoped to be getting married soon.
!!!!?????!!!!!

Oh yeah, I had gotten a promotion too! I'm an EMT. I hate it. It's too scary! I was thinking also about last Sunday night's party when John walks into the backyard to tell me his good news.
side note: We also got a washer that you see in the background. There's a clothesline off to the left out of the pic.

We both congratulate each other and I go back to my gardening. John flexes his muscles and looks at me lot. He's starting to act like he's about to burst...like this promotion is a key factor in some scheme of his.
okay... 

I finish my gardening finally and go inside. John jumps up from the couch and comes over to me.

John: Elena.
Me: Mmm?
John: The other day you said something wonderful.
Me: I did?
John: Yes. You said, 'I love you.'
I blushed: um, yeah, I did.
John: I didn't want to say anything right then, because that was YOUR moment. Now it's mine. You're the most wonderful woman in the world, and I love you.

I'm so happy I start crying again. What IS it with me and crying?

John laughs: Don't cry!
Me: I can't help it!
John: Well, let's go wash it off....


Well, one thing led to another, and we shared the shower that day. At least there wasn't any hair dye in it that time...though that might've made it even more interesting...

I get out of the shower and dry off and get dressed again while John really takes his shower. Then, he hops out as I'm finishing up with my hair...


He's stark naked.
And playful. This is hilarious. 

He runs into the bedroom and grabs a pillow. I squeal and get my own and we pillow fight all over the house. (like my use of the pillow?) 

I can't help but think that if they neighbors just HAPPENED to look in they'd see more than just furniture through the windows! (this is one of the things that makes Sims3 fun is the random stuff that can happen like this)

No comments:

Post a Comment