Friday, August 17, 2012

15: Shooting Stars and Bad Fashion

(originally posted on 9/29/2011)


John: Darling, I've been thinking, and with you being with child this is the perfect time to ask. I don't want you going around the house scrubbing toilets all day and carrying out the trash and stuff. We need to hire a maid.
Me: Can we even afford it with the high bills from this place?
John: Yes, we can, especially with Marie no longer in boarding school. I also have a promotion in store for me soon, I hope.
Me: John, I just think that's ridiculous to pay someone to clean when I'm here all day and...
John: And needing to rest. You'll see...you'll not regret the decision.
Me: Well, okay, I guess.


John went to the bookstore to buy a pregnancy book.

(Guess what! On a lark I made Heinz Doofenshmirtz for the neighborhood. The game put him in as the bookshop merchant?


Then he hired a maid.
 

And here she is. In her smexy work uniform. =/ I don't know if I like that too much. Here I am going to be fat as a cow, and here's this cute lil' thing prancing around in front of my husband.

(Her name is Eva Trout. again. I swear, every neighborhood I have has at least ONE Eva Trout. One time I had 3.)


John: So I want you to make sure everything is spic and span. My wife is pregnant and I don't want her having to bend over or any of the crazy stuff she thinks she has to do around here.
Eva: No problem at all, sir. That's pretty standard.


John rushes me out the door to my first visit ever at the spa.
The next day I have a doctor's appointment. I head over to my former place of employment.

Great. Tate was outside.

Tate: Elena, are you pregnant?
Me: What if I say no? (btw, NEVER ask a woman if she's pregnant even if you suspect that she really is. ALWAYS wait until she or someone else says something about it.)
Tate: Oh c'mon, Elena, I think I know you well enough to detect the change.

'ugh!' I thought

Me: Well, Mr. Doctor, any advice for back pain? I'm still a little uncomfortable even after a massage at the spa.
Tate: I think blue tea is the best thing for that. Alot of people think green tea is the best, but I disagree.

Tate: Incidentally, would you like to know the sex?
Me: The WHAT?
Tate sighs exasperatedly: Whether or not it's a boy or girl.
Me: Oh, yes! Can you do that?
Tate: Uh, yeah, duh. It's a boy.

He looks down. Then looks at me with sad eyes.

Tate: I really am sorry about what happened. I was going through a rough patch and I'm afraid you got the worst of it.

John: Tate! Leave my wife alone! She's going to have our baby so BACK OFF!
Tate: Listen, you! I was only talking to her on a professional level!
John: 'I'm afraid you got the worst of it'? Sounds to me like you were forcing her to relive that night!
Tate: Well, yeah I was TRYING to start apologizing.

John: If I had MY way you'd be doing alot more than just apologizing.
Me: John, let's just go inside so I can have my doctor's appointment.

John glares at Tate. Tate glares back.

John: Alright, hun. Sorry I lost my temper like that. I can barely contain myself when I see this MORON (he jerks his head towards Tate) talking to you. I just can't stand the thought of him coming anywhere NEAR our precious baby.

(That's Jean Luc there in the pink/purple. Betty (Greg's ex-wife) broke up with him and married Donnell Cassidy-not familiar with him. She and Donnell had a baby, now toddler. However, Jean Luc still lives with them. )

I practically drag John into the hospital. I decide to let the other doctor tell us that we're having a boy -- and not let John know that Tate was the one to tell me.

Later that day, I head over to the library to read another pregnancy book. Hmm, the author doesn't recommend herbal tea in ANY form. She says it could possibly have stuff in it that would do alot more harm than good. Huh. Learn something new everyday, I guess.
It's so cozy in here. It's a nice change from the stiff, formal feel of my living room.

Then, I head over to the consignment store. The guy running it, wasn't his name Darrell or something?, is making his hands talk to each other. He is either totally bored or totally crazy. Maybe both.

(Hey! This was neat...I found the NEEDED keystones that unlock tombs in Champs les Sims on the shelves of the consignment store! As well as some generic ones. That's going to come in handy!)

(Okay, now I'm going to switch gears for a little bit. Prom is coming up and I've not done it yet, so I'm paying a little more attention to Marie.)

She sees this senior from her school walking down the street and rushes over to introduce herself. There is instant chemistry. I don't know how I feel about this with her being a freshman, but who am I to judge? His name is Andy Creek (Dawson's big brother).

Andy: Um, you go to my school right? Though...I haven't seen you much.
Marie: Yeah, I got sorta kicked out of the boarding school I went to.
Andy: Cool!
Marie: I'm happy about it. It was SO LAME. I mean, I like sports and all, but THEY were completely crazy.

The two of them continued getting to know each other, and the sun starts to set.

Andy: Hey, there's going to be some kind of meteor shower tonight. Wanna just sit here and watch for it?
Marie: Okay, I've got nothing else better to do.

Andy: Hey! Look! It's starting!
Marie: So, does this mean we get, like, a million wishes or something?
Andy: Wanna know what I wish for?
Marie: You're not supposed to tell!
Andy: Then I'll whisper it so no one but you knows.

Andy: I wish I had a girlfriend. Just...like...you.
Marie: Oh, yeah right.

(sorry, I thought I took more pics than this.)
She shoves him into the dirt.

Andy: Hey! I'm serious. Now my feelings are hurt.
Marie laughs: You're going to have to pout more convincingly than that to fool me!
Andy smiles: I was kinda hoping the semi-darkness was going to help me out there.
Marie: Yeah, the dark, it is kinda scary out here. My house is right on the square, and I'm not used to it being so dark.
Andy: You don't trust me to protect you from any ghosties or ghoulies?

He tickles her until she falls over laughing, and he lands right next to her. Then it gets kind of awkward.

Andy: Well, I better not get caught by the police again for being out too late.
Marie sighs: Yeah, me too. Not that I've been caught before...
Andy: Well, you just got back into town.
Marie: It's been a little while.
Andy: How come I haven't seen you before?
Marie: Duh, I'm a freshman, you're a senior. We don't exactly have the same classes.
Andy: Oh.
Marie: But, yeah, I'd better be going too. It would REALLY suck if I got caught since my step-dad is a cop.
Andy laughs: See ya around, Marie.

Well, back to me. I'm huge now by the way. I also HATE this stupid pajama set. It's the only one that fits me anymore. I've had to get a little...ahem...creative with my wardrobe lately.

Ugh! And to think that I'm going to have another one!


John gets up extra early so he can go undercover in a hospital in another town.

John: Who's Daddy's little boy? You are! Peek-a-boo! Peek-a-boo! It's Daddy again!

It's so funny to see grown men turn to mush by the mere idea of their baby.

John: And don't think I've forgotten about you, you sexy mama.

Now you can see for yourself what I meant about being creative with my wardrobe. I get to have more time in my garden now that we have a maid. Of course, it's getting harder and harder to maneuver now that the baby is taking up so much room. Wait? I recognize that voice!

It's Brook! We've been slowly but surely becoming better friends again.

Brook: Elena! Tate told me you were pregnant! Good for you! I'm sure he'll be gorgeous.

So Tate really told her about it being a boy and everything.

Me: Yeah, thanks! John and I are so excited! It's going to be any day now.
Brook: Wow, that was fast!
Me: Well, that's how these things go. Before you know it....

Me: Um, my water just broke.

Brook starts freaking out. She sees Jonah and drags him into it.

They both start jumping up and down and screaming and throwing their arms around like lunatics.

Me: Um, guys...I'm just having a baby. That's all. People do it every day. I just need to get to the hospital.

It's close enough that I decide to just walk. (?--and I thought kirkuk made that up somehow. This is weird.) Well, it's better than getting amniotic fluid all over a cab seat. 




John rushes back into town and makes it just in time for the birth. The office isn't too happy with him leaving work and showing up at the hospital dressed up like a doctor, but I'm so glad he made it. If he'd been working while our baby was being born...after what happened at the reception... oh, he'd be in so much trouble. But that's neither here nor there because he made it.


Introducing Xavier Parren. Oh, and lucky me got her figure back!

John is thrilled beyond belief! He was practically smothering us both so I sent him upstairs to get a shower. I went ahead and gave Xavier his first bottle. He is sweet. Maybe I CAN do this mommy thing.

5 comments:

  1. Marie is growing up... maybe she will stop the pranks now. Love the picture of John running to the hospital :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I can't believe I called Tate Mr. Doctor man! NOOOOOOO!!!!! Crap now that nickname is tainted! $h*t. lmao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *LOL* Well, he is one.... you can call him Mr. Doctor Jekyll Man

      Delete
    2. More like Mr. Hyde. I still can't believe I did that. Oh well, that was long before Eric was even thought of.

      Delete