Thursday, August 16, 2012

14: Big and Small Surprises



(originally posted on 9/28/2011)



Well, we get home and my gardening skill is FINALLY up to 7 so I can plant more, and more interesting, plants. I decided this back corner of the lot is actually perfect for my garden with the amount of sun it gets.

I sit down and finally get around to writing all those thank you notes. That on the table is a relic that was too cheap to bother selling, but I like it on the middle of the table. I have to fuss at John so that he doesn't fill it with loose change, though.

Well, I was bored so I went to the club. Jonah was there! So, we danced it up. He's a real sweetie. I don't know why he can't seem to find the right girl to settle down with. He's had several girlfriends.

Meanwhile, back at the house....

Looks like Marie is up to her old tricks. Bad habits die hard.

John isn't too happy with Marie lately. They've been sort of bonding by working out together, and he can't wait to train her on sim fu, but the pranks are really getting on his nerves.

Let me side step a sec here.

Looks like the bus STILL DOES NOT COME except for Marie. Then this lineup happens. Maybe my small town has too many kids. Most of the families I made or got out of the bin to fill it I gave them kids...Hey! I need another generation, don't I? I'm amazed that SP doesn't give me a million messages about the kids being 'late' to school. Maybe if they're on the lot it doesn't, which is good. (The one in the bottom right corner is Janie, Tate and Brook's kid. Marie is the one in the while sweater/blue shirt. I don't know who the others are...Funke kids maybe.)

John: Elena, what do you think about starting a family of our own. Other than just Marie.
Me: Um, John, I don't know about that. I don't think I make the greatest mom.
John: Aw, you're crazy, you'll be a great mom.

Me: I just, I don't know. What if...
John: Don't worry about the 'what ifs'! If every potential parent worried about the 'what ifs' then humanity (simanity?) would've died out a long long time ago.

I look at him with a worried/scared expression.

John: And I really want to watch you with MY child. I want to be a father. Just thinking about it makes me....

Me: Oh...

John: C'mere.
Me: Whoa! Easy there, cowboy.

And... then we go upstairs. Well, maybe he or I are unable to make babies. I feel so guilty for almost wanting that, but I'm rather distracted at the moment as he doesn't give me any time to really think about it.

Later that afternoon...

John gets a haircut. He said he was getting tired of the work it took to care for longer hair. He also had wondered about cutting it to make him look more grown up. Eh, I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, his new haircut is adorable, but on the other...I liked his hair long. It WAS weird, though, to have a husband with longer hair than mine.

I'm spending alot of time here at this club by myself. I'm not getting any drinks, just in case. I'm just hanging out.

Ungh...what is that? Oh. oh oh oh oh oh...run!

I don't think this picture needs any further explanation. This has been happening to me alot the past few days. Either I'm coming down with something....or... erm, maybe. Hmm, why do they call it 'morning sickness' when it happens all day long?

Well, I promised an old friend I'd pop over to his new house.

Me: Greg, this is a great house.
Greg: Yeah, thanks. I just flat gave up trying for a room for my son when he comes to visit. It's so rare that I just let him sleep in my bed while I take the couch. So, how've you been?
Me: Good, I guess.

I wring my hands.

Me: I think I might be pregnant.
Greg: Is he treating you ok?
Me: Yes, of course. He mostly works in the shed out back or working on his sim fu. How have you been?
Greg: That doesn't matter. Are you eating what you're supposed to? Getting enough sleep? Is your back hurting you? Wouldn't you like to sit down?
Me: Gee whiz, Greg. I'm having a baby, not recovering from surgery. That is...IF I'm pregnant. And, what do you mean 'that doesn't matter'? Of course it matters. I wouldn't ask if I didn't want to know.

Greg just looks at me with a blank expression.

Greg: Well, I've been seeing someone off and on for a bit.
Me: That's...that's great! Is she good to you?
Greg chuckles: Why? What if she's not? Are you gonna go beat her up for me?
Me: No, silly. I just want you to be happy.

Then he looks at me with this longing expression. I leave shortly after that. It was getting late anyway.

The next morning, I go get the mail. MORE presents from the wedding? Wow. Somebody sent us a HUGE fountain. No way do we have enough room for it. I have, however, been wanting to get some artwork for the living room, so I sell it. Time to write more thank you notes! Oh goodie. *sarcasm*

Later (yes, I'm wearing the same dress as last night...it's comfy; get off me.) I'm playing around on the computer when I feel a slight bump....from INSIDE me. I AM pregnant. John is going to be so happy. Right now he's at the dump picking up some scrap, but he should be home soon.

John: Hey hun, you look a little pale. Are you feeling ok?
Me: Yes, and John, guess what?!
John: What?
Me: No, guess!
John: Just tell me.
Me: You'd better get to the toy making! We're gonna have a baby!

I knew it, he's thrilled. At least one of us is. I'm okay about it, but... well, I still have mixed feelings I guess.

John: Hello there sweet little baby. Boy or girl? It doesn't matter. A girl with her mother's beauty would definitely keep me up at night worrying about her. Hmm, maybe a boy would be better. Oh...whatever! This is the best thing ever!

I'm happy I guess. As long as the baby inherits John's beautiful teeth, it's good. Well, here goes nothing!

2 comments:

  1. She's back on the teeth! *LOL*
    I sense a little regret whenever she interacts with Greg. I wonder where that will go, if anyplace.
    And John was a bit much, 'my child', what the heck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta love those teeth. :)

      Well, Greg was her first, and she had to fight Betty for him. Then things sorta stalled. then he came back saying he didn't want her to marry John. I guess it's natural to get curious to wonder where that could've gone. Time will tell.

      John has a bit of a possessive nature....

      Delete