Wednesday, August 15, 2012

13: The Honeymoon


(originally posted 9/28/2011)



Well, here we are in our 'luxurious' honeymoon suite.
(John has the eternally faithful moodlet)
Eh, it has a nice view. I hope the bed is okay. We have our own bathroom which apparently is a big deal.


Well, cut to the chase, John wants to make up for the messed up wedding night.


John: You know I would've rather been with you. I HAD to go in. I can't tell you why, you've just gotta trust me on this.
Me: Okay, but you really owe me.
John: Oh, I fully intend to make it up to you.



After that we were both a little...tired. So, we slept for a bit.


Then we go downstairs.

John: Um, honey.... You're beautiful in that lingerie, but I'd really rather you changed into regular clothes for the lobby.
Me: I thought everyone was out.
John: Nope...here they come now.
Me: Eeep!

I run upstairs. What was I thinking?


John is so excited to be in China finally and he calls for his official tournament sparring partner...who is an old man named Ai Pei. At first, John is upset, but then he shrugs and mumbles under his breath about how he feels sorry for the beating the geezer is going to receive.

And so they begin... 



...and John realizes that he should've never underestimated the guy.


He learns fast at least and takes the first point.


Ai Pei: I see you have studied well.
They bow again and go at it.


Ai Pei: Perhaps not quite well enough.
 

Ai Pei takes the second point.


The 3rd round they pull out every trick they know, and it went on for quite a while.


But John wins in the end.


When Ai Pei leaves, John does a little happy dance. Still a kid at heart.


Later that afternoon, I go and meet a local. Um, I forgot her name so I'll just call her 'her.'

Me: Hello! I'm on my honeymoon and we could use a little extra cash. Is there anything I can do?
Her: Yes, I need something from the Forbidden City, but I'm a little too nervous to go and get it myself, so I'll pay you. You can also keep what you find.

Just what I wanted to hear! You can go on vacation to make money. What a life!

(Ok, I have to say it is a hoot to take a coward adventuring. The first rubble pile she comes to she sticks out her tongue and blows a raspberry at it. I WISH I'd caught it, but I'd gotten a little too comfortable by planning on skipping the whole tomb for the story since most of you guys have done it a zillion times already. She was also terrified of the dive well.-well, they kinda creep me out too.)

Visa status 1!
Now, time to go catch some Zzz's.

Okay, so having your own bathroom IS a perk.
Ah, time to go scare myself to death whilst searching for treasure...but hey, I'm making money. John said he'd come help me out today.

Who's scared? I'm not scared. Nope, not scared at all. There's a big dragon carved into the side of a mountain, and I get to go.... in it's mouth. Nope, not scared. Definitely not scared and shaking. There's steam coming out of its mouth and nose. That's not scary! Not at all! *deep breath* Okay, here goes.

Aw, my big muscle-man husband comes to help me clear the scary room of the rubble and junk so we can make money on treasure. He actually....wants.... a mummy to come out of one of the sarcophagi so he can fight it. I'm so glad that didn't happen.

Visa status 2!

John says that since we've finished what I wanted to do that now it's his turn.

He's so thrilled he's practically bouncing off the walls. Of course, he's trying desperately to act cool like it's no big deal, and it's hilarious to see him failing miserably.
I decide to give this training dummy a go. Eh, boring. I mostly just fooled around with it and enjoyed the scenery.

Well! This is something I didn't think of! John is learning to control his anger. So, learning martial arts helps you NOT to fight? Maybe this IS the best thing for him. 



John gets a call on his cell, and it's a friend of Ai Pei that has challenged him to a sparring match! Of course, he can't resist.



Zhan Su

(I can't believe how into the sparring match I was. One time, when Zhan Su did a spinning kick thingy I actually ducked my head. It was then that I realized I was moving along with John to the fight w/o even meaning to!)


John is really getting good. He looses the first round, though.


He wins the 2nd, and is happy that they tied. (two complete sparring matches-I was too busy getting into it to take pics)


John is really getting good at calming down. He goes and meditates in a beautiful garden. I guess spending the honeymoon together is optional.

(I thought for a little bit about making this pic my desktop background. I love the scenery in Shang Simla.)

And now he can zeneport! Which is good because he needed to talk to this one guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment