Tuesday, August 7, 2012

5: Tate Disaster

(originally posted before 9/26/2011)
Well, somebody I barely knew invited me to a party. I thought I'd give it a go.



Tate from work is there and approaches me while I'm talking to someone new.

Me: Um, thanks, Tate. How's Brook doing?
(Brook is his wife and my best friend)
Tate: Oh, she's working....again. I told her she doesn't have to anymore with me getting the big promotion to resident and all, but she says she likes it. I get bored at night, and I was so glad when they decided to throw this party.



Tate: It's so BORING sleeping by myself every night, you know what I mean?
Me: Yeah, but with Marie at school now I don't plan on that happening much more often.

Tate grins wickedly and I just laugh and walk away. uh...

I hang out at the party til the host decides to just go to sleep without telling anyone. Tate offers me a ride home. I agree, and when we get there he goes out and plays with my sprinkler. Well, just make yourself at home, Tate. (sarcasm)



Tate: You have a nice fledgling garden out here, Elena. I could give you some pointers if you'd like?
Me: Oh, not right now. I kinda like to learn at my own pace. I think I'm doing good to actually get them planted in the ground and not in a pot.

We chuckle.

Me: Um, would you like to come inside?

I can't help but think this is weird for him to be playing outside in my garden in the middle of the night.



Oh no! He thinks this is a date. Is he crazy? I have a boyfriend, he has a WIFE. Not only that, his wife is my BEST FRIEND.



So I start talking about how well things are going between John and me. He's fumbling with something in his pocket.



Tate yawns.
Tate: Well, I think it's time we turned in don't you?
Me: Yeah, and thanks for driving me home.
Tate: Anytime, my sweet.

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me: Tate, um, I'll see you at work tomorrow. I start to turn him towards the front door.


I feel a slight prick on my shoulder. I turn to look and Tate holds my face steady.



Me: I'm starting to feel a little dizzy, Tate. I'm really tired.

I almost fall over and grab hold of him for support.



Tate: No worries, my dear, I'll help you into bed.
Me: I just bought a new one. I had to get rid of my old dresser to make room, but I didn't want to keep the bunk bed. (I ramble on about new furniture shopping)
Tate: Nice.

He lays me down on the bed. The room is spinning.



I turn my head around to the wall to try and steady the spinning spinning spinning when ack!

Me: Tate! I thought you went home?!
Tate: To an empty bed again? Now why would I want to do that when I could help you break the new bed in?

At this point I faint...I think. It's all a blur.



The next thing I know I remember is waking up with Tate's arms around me. The room is still spinning a little.



He moans my name in his sleep.
Oh no.
Oh no.
He must've used some kind of medicine on me. That would explain the spinning. The pricking feeling. He had a syringe in his pocket!



I must've passed out again. I get up and feel dirty. I escape to the shower and then to the café until it's time for work again. I successfully avoid Tate all day, and that wasn't easy since he was asking all the nursing staff if they'd seen me.



Finally, my work day is over. John doesn't get off work for 5 more hours. I don't want to bother him at work. I don't want to go home. So, I head to the bar.



The hours pass slowly as I am totally bored in the bar. On one note that is good. If anyone I knew walked in, especially Brook, I think I might've broken down.



Finally John should be off work. I call him and he's just not in the mood to come to the bar. I'm a little upset at this, but I agree to come to his house.


(I hate the stairwell post in this pic)

I explain what happened to him. I hate the look in his eyes. He looks so broken.
Me: I don't know exactly what happened, but I can guess. I don't know what to do.



He backs away and just stares at me. His expression is unreadable.

John: I should've seen this coming. I just didn't think it would happen this fast.
Me: What do you mean?
John: If you wanted to break it off, then that's all you had to say. You didn't need to come up with this cock and bull story.
Me: Story? Story! He took advantage of me!



John: Yeah?! Just like Greg huh?
Me: No, Greg was more of a seduction. You know that.
John: I'm beginning to think that's just you're excuse so you don't have to see how cheap you are!
Me: Cheap?!

Then he really exploded.


John: Yes! Cheap! Cheap slut! And to think I was eventually planning on asking you to marry me!?! Good thing for me that I've seen your true colors before you could hurt me even more! What on earth is Brook going to say when she finds out that you've now got TWO husbands of other women under your belt.
Me: (whisper) no.
John: YES!
Me: John, he injected something into my arm!


Me: I came to you for help! Now I find out what you really think of me! How DARE you insinuate that I egged him on...that I WANTED this!?!



John for a minute looks like he's going to hit me. Then he just yells.

John: Get out! Just get out! Go wreck another man's life!



Me: Yes, I will. Heaven forbid I ruin the life of a man that once told me that I was wonderful. And beautiful. And innocent. When all the time he never meant it. Better I find out now what you really think of me.
John: good! go!



So I leave. I'm trying to hold in the tears. I think I HAD fallen in love with him because my heart is breaking. I barely make it out the door.



I go outside and his garden gnome laughs at me. That nearly made me pee my pants. At any rate, I faint. 


-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dec 17, 2013
Sorry for the bad quality photos. I've recovered them from the sims 3 site and am going to work on putting them into the blog. They're not going to look great for a while until chapter 47 or so, maybe. At any rate, I'm putting the pictures back in. :)

2 comments: