Wednesday, August 22, 2012

18: Investigation and Intoxication


(originally posted on 10/01/2011)



Marie: C'mon, John! I've never had a problem until last night. I went a little overboard. I won't do so again! Please...don't ground me?
John ponders.

John: Well, ok. But next time we won't be so lenient.
Marie: Oh thank you thank you thank you!
John smiles: Alright then.

I hear all that going on while I'm upstairs with Xavier. It's nice to have someone that really needs me. Then I put him in his crib as Marie comes upstairs.


Monday
My last day of maternity leave. I have mixed feelings. On the one hand I want to get further along in my career than just the filing clerk, but on the other I'll miss Xavier.

John is really busy with some investigation he's conducting.

(The following Elena finds out later, but I'm going to tell you now.)

John: And they brought her home last night in the cruiser can you believe it?
Brook: Yes, I can. Our daughter has been acting out as well. Things aren't that great for Tate and me.
John: Still having troubles?
Brook: Yes. The only reason we're still together is that Janie is still at home. Otherwise, I'd leave.
John: What is he doing to you to make you so upset?
Brook: It's a bunch of little things. He just acts like my feelings aren't important.

She stops suddenly and stares at the wall.

John: There's more isn't there?
Brook: Yes, but I don't want to talk about it.
John: Well, so you know, you're welcome to use our couch for as long as you need should you need it.
Brook: Thank you. It won't come to that though.

Then he goes around gathering more information.

He notices a woman coming out of the hospital and that she's really angry. She spots him and asks him to come over. She says her name is Ophelia.

Ophelia: Just the man I wanted to see! I need to file a complaint or whatever. I wanna press charges against that jerk!
John: Excuse me? Who would that be, and what happened?

He gets out his notebook.

Ophelia: Well, I just went in for a follow-up visit after a ..um... plastic surgery.
John: Alright.
She composes herself a little bit: So I'm in the doctor's office waiting to be seen when MY doctor's partner comes in to 'check up on me' he said. I told him he wasn't my doctor, and I wanted to see my doctor to please go get him. He told me that my doctor would be in shortly when he gets back from lunch, and that he could do the initial exam. I'm thinking, well I guess, how do I know what needs to be done. Naturally, he asks me to take my clothes off and put on the little gown they have. No problem. Then he comes back in the room and... and... Can we go down to the station to discuss the rest of this?
John: Of course. Which doctor was it again?
Ophelia: Dr. Williams. I think his first name is Tank, or Tate, or Tink or something.
John: No problem. My squad car's this way, and don't worry. We'll get this straightened out.
Ophelia: I want his license revoked.
John smiles: I personally am not able to do that, but we can help.
Ophelia: You act like you're not surprised.
John: I'm not unfortunately.

I come home from work to find John typing madly on the computer.

Me: Bring work home with you?

John starts and minimizes the window: Yeah, just a few little things I need to finish up with. I'm about done. Would you go check Xavier's diaper? The babysitter said she changed him around 12 so he'll probably need a new one.

While I change him, John comes upstairs and takes a shower. Then, he wants to go take a walk with Xavier to clear his head a little.

Suddenly, in the mail, we get a notice that John's great-great aunt Bertie died and left him a hefty chunk of change. I'm excited and want to go celebrate, but John says he's too tired and wants to add something to that report he was working on.

So, I decide to go to the old bar anyway. I buy a round of drinks, and instantly, I'm Mrs. Popular. This married woman tries to start hitting on me. I don't understand why I'm labeled as the Jezebel when many others act the same way, and I don't deserve it! Whatever.

I shake it off and get shakin'. I get... really drunk.

I come home and attack my husband. He doesn't mind. He'd been sleeping on the couch, waiting for me to get home.

John picks me up before I fall flat on my face: Elena, you silly girl, you're completely sloshed.
Me: Oh I know! I had the bess time with a bunsch of people I didden really know, ya know?
I sing way off key as he carries me upstairs. I don't care.

Me: I love you; you know that?
John: I'm glad to hear it. Now get some sleep.
Me: Nope, c'mere!
John: Elena, you're drunk.
Me: So? So take advantage of me.
John: Elena, that's not funny.
Me: Oh shut up. 



And I kiss him. At first he's real stiff and resistant, but he doesn't stay that way for long. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Oh some dirt on Tate.... Can't wait to see where that will go. :)

    I am glad she went out to have fun, even if she got drunk *L*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tate is dirty, but we all know that by now.
      Yeah, she needed to unwind. ;)

      Delete