Thursday, August 2, 2012

2: Date With John part 1

(originally posted before 9/26/2011)

The next day I woke up and did a little gardening when I had an unexpected visitor!


It was John! (yes, that's his name) He came over just to see how I was doing this morning. He wanted to make sure that I wasn't going to fall for Greg's charms again. How sweet! He gave me roses. Then, this weird music started playing...


I had no idea my house was haunted!?! My friend, Brook, came over and took care of it. She said it was her 'job'. A job taking care of ghosts? I'd never be able to do that. I was totally freaked out. John made me go back inside while she finished up. Then, John asked me if I wanted to go back to the bar. Good idea! I left Marie to play with her weird doll that I did NOT get out of the mailbox, yet she seems to have acquired it anyway.
John said he was going to go to his house and get a shower then he'd meet me over there.
He came to the bar wearing his swimsuit or workout clothes or something. At any rate, I was pleasantly shocked. I had to remind myself that he already had a girlfriend.

John: You know, Elena, you really need a day for yourself. Let's go inside and have some fun!
Me: Ok. you want to call Ivana?
John:Erm...well.... we're not really together anymore.
Me: Do what!? When did this happen?
John: I got home alot later last night than she expected, and she got really mad. I told her I was helping you feel better and then she blew up and called you names and I wasn't going to have it.
Me: What does she have against me? I don't even know her!
John: She had heard from Betty what happened with Greg. Betty is one of her best friends.
Me: Yikes.
John: I know right? Well, I wasn't going to listen to her talk about you like that, so we mutually agreed to end it.
Me: John...you didn't have to do that for me. I don't really care if people are talking about me.
John: I realize that, but things were not going so well with us to begin with and this was the straw that broke the camel's back so to say. And...I really like you.
I felt all kind of giddy. Wow. My heart was already doing little flip-flops with his attire. I wonder what 'like' he means? friends? more than friends?
Me: Um, ok, well, let's go get something to eat... 

I turn to walk into the place and fall over my own feet. He catches me!
John: Whoa! You weren't kidding about being a klutz were you?
He laughs. I blush. He hasn't let go of me yet... 

Me: Um, John? I am able to stand on my own two feet most of the time.
John: I realize that. I just....

Then he slowly let me down, keeping hold of me.


John: I guess I just can't help myself. Do you even KNOW how beautiful you are?

Ok...major butterflies here. I knew I liked him, and I guess I figured out which 'like' he meant. He pulls my face towards him... 

Ok, I've heard about that "love's first kiss" nonsense....Well, I don't think it's nonsense anymore. This was meant to be.

2 comments:

  1. A town filled with gossipers and it worked in her favour :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? Betty and Ivana are quite the pair...

      Delete