Friday, August 3, 2012

3: Date With John part 2

(originally posted before 9/26/2011)

We head on to the dance floor as soon as we get in--NOT a good place for me. I hardly move for fear that I'm gonna fall flat on my face. Still....If I do, he could catch me again and the last time wasn't so bad. ;)


Oh! that guy back there? That is apparently his brother, Eric. He said he'll introduce us later, that for today he wanted me all to himself. We wave and keep dancing.

I get a little thirsty and we decide to head over to the bar.

That's when I notice Greg has just walked in with some woman I've never seen before. I can't believe I let myself fall for his tricks! I must be real easy...
John starts to notice where I'm looking and he sees my expression.

John: Elena, c'mon, you're too good to be worrying about him. Let's go outside for a bit.

Well, apparently the day has flown by and night is coming on. Wow, time flies when you're having fun, huh?



Me: I'm sorry, John, I didn't mean to react like that. I don't have any feelings for him anymore. I'm just mad at myself for falling for his charms so easily.
John: Oh Elena, what have I got to do to get him out of your head?
Me: He IS out of my head! I wasn't thinking about him at all until he walked in.
John: Well, let's enjoy some of Brook's picnic here and then go back inside. Maybe he'll be gone by then.

We did, and when we went back inside Greg was leaving with that girl giggling in tow. John pulls me out onto the dance floor again. Not much later and I nearly twist my ankle. We decide to give dancing a rest for the night and go play some foosball.

Out of nowhere he asks me to go steady! Of course I say yes!


Me: I've never told anyone this, but no one has EVER asked me to go steady before!
John: I don't believe that.
I nod.
Me: Oh yeah! It's true! I've always seemed to chicken out or just ruin it before we ever reached that step.
John: Well, I hope you don't think it's too soon for me to ask.
Me: Oh no no no no no. It's not. It's....well....it's wonderful!

John looks at me perplexedly.

Me: what?
John: Oh nothing.

Now I'm scared. I look at him suspiciously.

John (laughingly): Every other man in the world is an idiot. Oh believe me, I don't mind. If they choose not to notice how wonderful you are, then I'm not going to point it out to them.
Me: Wonderful? Me?

All I can think is about all the times that I've ever made a fool of myself.

John sighs exasperatedly.


Wow. How did I get so lucky?

John:The place is closing up. I'll take you home.

I mutely nod and try to support myself on the foosball table to keep myself from falling over. John just smiles. He has beautiful teeth.



He drives me home, kisses me goodnight after walking me to the door, and gets in his car to go back to his house. I walk inside as fast as I can because it's dark outside, and evil gnomes might come get me if I stay out here too long. Hey! It happened in a movie once!

Side story: Ok so Betty and Jean Luc aren't actually married, they're just steady. Betty had Greg's baby and named him Demarco. I think the Greg that got someone named Lindy preggers was actually a copy of him that my game made (I have story progression) for some reason. So, I deleted that whole household and canceled game-made immigration. The stupid bus still never came for any of the neighborhood kids, but the school is moved to a closer location so that the students aren't late anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment