Thursday, August 9, 2012

7: Tate Aftermath

(originally posted before 9/26/2011)

Well, we get settled. John tells Marie that we plan on either getting a new house or building a room on to this one for her for when she visits. She acts like she could just go with the flow no matter what.

John calls Brook over to come visit. She says sure because she's curious about why he said come to MY house.




John: Brook, I hate to tell you this, but I think I'm the best one to do the job. Elena was telling it to me straight. Your husband forced himself on her.


She doesn't appear to be taking it too well.

(There's Marie again playing with that creepy doll, but then she gets up after this pic is taken.)

Brook: Wait...how do I know you're not just 'taken in' like so many other men when it comes to this once-best-friend of mine?
John: Because I checked the facts. I talked to everyone at the hospital, and he has been hounding her all week.
Brook: Well, yes, of course. That's the way men react to Elena. You checked the 'facts' you say? Facts...are not hearsay. Elena could just be projecting this act that she was 'taken against her will' to suit her own needs. She made a mistake. It cost her her best friend and used to cost her her boyfriend, but of course, you're a man so you swoon at the thought that she feels something for you.
John: Brook, listen, she was drugged.
Brook: A likely story.
John: I see I can't convince you further. I'm sorry for when you realize.
Brook: Oh I realize that my husband is a pig. Either way, it happened. I haven't decided what exactly I'm going to do with him yet, but I don't believe that Elena is entirely innocent like you do. If that is all, then I'm leaving.

While this was going on I was out in the garden. John looked defeated. I go into the bathroom....

...to find that Marie has been busy again. She had been setting this all up while John was talking to Brook. ooooo that little.... Now I'm covered in yucky toilet water. UGH! I step into the shower...

This is the thanks I get for adopting. I realize she's upset at me for sending her to boarding school. I decide to pretend it didn't happen since a reaction is obviously what she's going for.

John asks me to call Tate and invite him over. I'm perplexed but go ahead and do it.


Tate: Oh. It's YOU. humph. I didn't come here for a he-said, she-said.
John: Oh? really. well, who said that was going to even happen?
Tate: I can tell from the look on your face. You purposely had Elena invite me over here knowing that that would make me come over here, and then YOU answer the door. I'm not going to stand for this. If the woman won't admit she led me on, then I'll just leave.



John: Listen you son of a motherless llama! What you did to her was so wrong, it's illegal! And even if I can't convince her to press charges you are still not going to get away with this.
Tate: Oh? And what are you gonna do about it, momma's boy?
John: That's IT!



Marie: Bye Uncle John, Bye Mr. Tate.

She's way too calm about two men trying to kill each other on our front lawn. At any rate, back to school she goes.
The paper girl, however, is a bit more into it.
I had gone back in the back to play in the sprinkler. I run around front when I hear the commotion. I should've known this would happen....

Tate got his butt whooped. YES! After this pic was taken the paper girl pointed at him and laughed.

John: This isn't over, Tate. I won't rest until I see you get everything that's coming to you!

2 comments:

  1. Marie is quite a handful.
    And if Elena's best friend is so jealous of her, it's good she's not a best friend any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie's rebellious, and she's pissed because Elena sent her away to school. What was the point of being adopted?

      Brook is looking to lash out at anyone. She doesn't want to believe her husband is that much of a creep.

      Delete