Monday, November 19, 2012

78.2: Special Delivery



(originally posted 03/21/2012)


Elena

(Really an extension of the last update, but there's enough of a change that I feel like there needed to be a little break between them.)


I go inside after I've calmed myself down some, and find that Jack has made a salad for us. No point in not eating.

Laurie, I mean Trent, walks up to me: Feeling better?
Me: No.
Trent: Come sit with me at the table.


I stubbornly refuse and instead go and sit on the couch with my plate. Small victory, but I needed it.

Trent walks in, obviously irritated: You're being ridiculous.
Me: The table is too close to the wall, and the drop makes me scared.
Trent sighs and walks back over to the table.

Good, my appetite is much improved when I don't have to look at him.


I finish before him, and take my plate to the sink.

Me: I'm still a bit tired, and I'm going to take a nap.
Trent: Fine, fine.

I go upstairs and change back into my pajamas. I then lay down on the bed and stare at the ceiling.

How on earth am I going to get out of this? It just feels so hopeless!

Laurie, I mean Trent, walks in.

Trent: Thought I'd join you for your nap. Good idea before the party tonight.

He changes into his pjs as well and lays down next to me in the bed. Great. Now I'll never sleep. He props himself up on his side, and his fingers reach over and run up and down my arm.

Me: Quit it.
Trent: Why?
Me: Because I want you to.
Trent: And I should, JUST BECAUSE you want me to.
Me: Yes.
Trent: What if I turned that around on you and asked you to do what I want you to do JUST BECAUSE I want you to?
Cold fear fills me. I move to get out of the bed.


In a flash, he's sitting on top of me.

Me: Get off me!
Trent: What if I want you to kiss me?

He takes his hands and starts trying to push me back onto my back.

Me: NO!
Trent: Then it's not fair that I not do what you don't want me to do but I have to put up with you not doing what I want you to do.
Me: Trent, get off of me, please!
His mouth opens slightly in shock: That's the first time you've called me by my real name. (He gets off of me.) Alright, I'll thank you by abiding by your wishes.

I'm panting from the adrenaline rush. I move to get up.

Trent: Please don't get up. We really should take a nap.

I turn to look at him. His face is calm. He reaches over to me and cups my cheek in his hand. His thumb caresses my cheek for a moment before he leans in like he's going to kiss me.

Me: No, Trent!
He stops and smiles widely at me before he laughs into the pillow next to me: I love hearing you say my name. Even if it's a denial. Alright, I won't kiss you now.

He lays his head back on his own pillow and looks at me longingly. His hand is back to lightly running up and down my arm. I tolerate it because I know it could be much worse.


We take a little nap, and he insists upon holding me. Other than that, he behaves.

When I wake up I'm alone in the bed, and next to me is a red dress with a note on it.

The note: Please wear this tonight. You look lovely in red.

I sigh. At least it's tasteful.


A blonde bimbo: Oh, Trent! I've missed you so much! I was beginning to think you'd NEVER come back!
Trent: Hello to you to, Deanna. Of course I was coming back.


Deanna: But something terrible might have happened to you!

If only..

Laurie, I mean Trent's eyes cut over to me: Ah, Elena. You're up. You look beautiful, my dear.
Deanna turns to scowl at me.
Trent: I'd like you to meet Deanna Conway. (Her hand is limp in mine as I shake it.) And the lady behind you is Dianna Goodwin.
Dianna grins warmly and shakes my hand firmly: Hello.

Deanna and Dianna. It's a wonder they can keep up with who's who with names like that.


Corey appears out of nowhere beside Deanna. She turns and embraces him suddenly.

Deanna: I'm so glad YOU'RE back as well.
Corey looks blown away, but happy for the sudden attention.

Dianna wanders over and starts flirting with a man that reminds me of John when we first met. But, of course, it's not John. Just a coincidence. Hair color isn't even the same. Same glasses, though, but those glasses are common I guess.


Trent smiles at me: Thank you for wearing the dress. You look stunning.

He moves towards me like he wants to embrace me. I'd had enough of his arms around me during the nap, and I back away.


Me: Trent, no. Please.
Trent mumbles quietly: Are you going to embarrass me in front of my friends?
I don't care if you're embarrassed.
Me: Only if you force me to make a scene.

His eyes get calculating as he stares at me. Deanna hasn't missed our little exchange. I don't suppose she heard what we said, but she saw enough. She's smirking.


Trent emits a small sigh: Hungry?

I look over at the food. There's nothing that doesn't have meat in it.

Me: Trent, I told you I'm a vegetarian.
He slaps his forehead with his hand: I'm sorry. How stupid of me. What can I do?
Me: Just.. order a cheese pizza or something?
He smiles now: A pizza. (slight chuckle) Sure thing, my dear.


Not much later the pizza arrives.

Trent: Yes, come in and set it up on the counter.

The delivery guy walks in with his eyebrows raised. I guess he's not often told to set the thing up on his own, but he knows enough not to deny Laurie, I mean Trent.


Great. Another one to remind me of John. Oh this isn't fair at all!


I walk over to look out the window in the kitchen. Trent was right, I am getting used to the height.


Am I ever going to see John again? All that time I had him and all I did was yearn for Greg. Stupid, Elena. Greg may have said he loved me more than any other woman in the world, but John said I'm the ONLY woman he's ever loved.

John is a decent, honest, sexy, and loving man, and I may never see him again.



A familiar voice: Remain calm.
I jolt of adrenaline runs through my veins like quicksilver. John?

I turn around to look into familiar eyes. It's him! But he looks different. Just enough different. He fooled Trent.


I try unsuccessfully to slow the frantic rate of my heart as I whisper: What are you doing here? This place is crawling with his men.
John's voice is quiet: Talk quiet, whispers carry easier. And, I had to see if you were okay. As okay as you can be.


I force myself to resist the urge to throw my arms around him. It's obvious he doesn't want his cover blown. Oh John, save me!

Me: I'm not okay.
John: I know. I needed to come in to see where he was keeping you, and I can see from your condition you've been being a good girl.
My eyes get wide: I didn't do anything with him!
John's voice has a touch of worry: Be quiet. I know you're only doing what you have to to keep him from hurting you. That's actually one of the smartest things you can do.

He still looks angry though, but the anger doesn't look directed at me.

Seeing him standing right in front of me after so long is almost more than I can take. I feel myself start to tear up.


John: Baby, please don't cry.

I cut my eyes over to the deck outside. Trent is stealing Jack's clothes since it looks like he'd decided to go skinny dipping. It looks like he and Dianna are having a good time in the hot tub. Ew.

John: We're coming. I won't tell you when, just in case.


I take in a shuddering breath. Calm, Elena. You can't draw attention to him.

John: I know you don't want to hear this, but you need to keep being a good girl.
I fail at hiding the look of horror on my face.
John's expression looks admonishing: You do what you need to do to keep from getting hurt. We won't take long.


I see Trent approaching us and I cut my eyes to him a few times to wordlessly tell John. He nods almost imperceptibly.


I painfully walk away from John with a look from Trent.

Trent: Problem?
John's voice sounds different: No, sir. She was just thanking me for the pizza, and we were discussing vegetarian recipes.


Trent: Well, take your lousy tip and beat it. This is a private party.
John: Yes, sir. Sorry.


I have an awful time of not looking at John again as I hear him leave. I have made my way into the living area again when Deanna approaches me.

Deanna: So, you're his new girl now, huh?
Me: Excuse me?
Deanna: No, I see how it is. I'm being thrown out.

What do I say to that?

Me: Um...
Deanna: Not one for many words, are you? Perfect. (sarcasm)


Deanna: Yeah, well, don't get too upset when the two of you are alone tonight and he accidentally says my name. Happens all the time.

I say nothing due to the thoughts now running through my head.

'Do what you have to do.' John said. But, John! Can I bring myself to do THAT?

I go and grab a glass of champagne to steady my nerves and walk out on the deck. I don't stay there long because I had forgotten about the other "private party" going on in the jacuzzi.

Walking into the kitchen, I down the rest of the flute before placing it in the sink. I wordlessly walk across the living area and head up the stairs. I see that Trent's eyes have followed me the entire time.

Oh God help. I think as I hear Trent follow me up the stairs.


Once in the room, I spin around to see Trent charging at me. He picks me up slightly and slams me against the wall. His lips are on mine in seconds. I'm shaking with fear as I decide to "be a good girl" and let him. I don't try to shove him off, but I'm not ecstatically responding either.

He seems pleased with that much as he moans while his hand travels up my leg, pulling up my skirt. I put my hand on the back of his head, wishing I could yank his hair out by the roots.

I can hear a faint commotion going on below us.

Trent lifts his head up for a moment: Dam*

No comments:

Post a Comment