Friday, November 30, 2012

89: Happily Ever After


(originally posted 03/28/2012)

(Well, I deleted all my saves and started the neighborhood over. I saved as much as I felt I needed to in the simbin. There will be a few new faces, but many of those that were mentioned in the story are still there. Hm, Dawson Creek's girlfriend is gone. And Marie and Armand are no longer going steady.)


Happily Ever After

Elena



So, it's my wedding day. Again. For the last time I hope.

I chose a pretty and simple ivory dress to wear. Even though no one is coming, I still want to dress up.


The last time we were married I wasn't sure that that was what I wanted. I still wondered about my feelings for Greg. What if Greg were still alive? Would I be thinking the same thing? I'd like to think I wouldn't, but I guess I'll never know.

One thing I AM sure of is that I love John. The long-lasting kind of love that stands the test of time and comes out stronger.


I sigh happily and head downstairs.


We decided to have a little ceremony at an arch we rented. I say no one is coming, well, no one that isn't in the household that is. John's brother Jonah is going to live with us for a little while. He and Eva broke up, and he's really sad about it. I just wish he'd stop throwing me these looks he throws me, like he could eat me alive. They make me just want to slap him. I'm amazed John hasn't noticed. Jonah will be good to have around when John and I go on our 2nd honeymoon to watch the kids though.


I am SO HAPPY. I hope, like he said, that things calm down for us now.


My mind runs through my life with him. I don't dwell on the bad, however. We've been through so much together. I hope all my future memories are good ones.


I stand there and try to come up with something to say to him, but my mind goes blank. There's just too much raw emotion inside of me that if I say one word I'm liable to burst into tears.

This man is going to be my husband again.

My heart feels so full it's about to burst.


John: Are you ready?

All I can do is nod.


Sorry ladies, he's mine.


He puts the ring on my finger and we've said our vows.

John: I love you.
Dangit, I start crying: I love you too.


Elena Castillo Schwartz Parren Turner Castillo.... Parren. Just Elena Parren, thank you.

That's how it should stay.


John takes a step back and looks at me: Elena, are you crying?
My voice sounds squeaky: Yes.
John grins widely and chuckles at me.

I wish I knew why he finds me funny so much.


We all go back inside to have some cake. We bought a cake because, well, I like cake! Plain and simple.


My tears go away and I can't help but smile constantly.


(Okay, I have to interrupt here. I LOVE THIS PIC!!! John tries to keep his hand steady to cut the large cake. X-man stands there doing his artist thing. Elena is worried. There's green fog coming out of the fridge because no one ever cleans it out.)

I'm glad John is doing the cutting because I'd probably mess it up.

Um, John! Not like that! He's going to get icing all over his tux.


Me: John! I told you we didn't need to exchange gifts! I didn't get anything for you.
John grins: Well, it's a present for me too in a way.

I open it up and find lingerie. Just a simple little top and shorts. Simple, yet I'm sure very effective.

Me: I see what you mean by a gift for you too.

He just grins. There's a playful glint to his eyes that makes me immediately wary.


(Move, Jonah!)

He pulls me into one of those surprise attack kisses of his. I'm simultaneously embarrassed to be making out right next to his brother and having a hard time not laughing through the kiss. I'm so happy.


Jonah walks over to the front door and says he's going to the club.

John's grin contradicts his attempt at being bossy: Upstairs. Now.
Me: Right now?! But...
John: Do I have to carry you?

He reaches for my waist, but tickles me instead.


I lightly hit him on the shoulder: Quit it!

John can't help but laugh uproariously. That is, before he makes good on his threat and carries me upstairs with me yelling at him the whole way.

I hear Xavier talking to Marie: They're going to be like that for a while, aren't they?
Marie chuckles: Yes.


John: Get over here, Mrs. Parren.
Me: Oh? Who says I have to? What if I want to go take a shower or something?
He drags me across the bed towards him: We can do that later.


The sun has set when we finally come up for air.

John: Elena, never for a minute doubt that I have the only the deepest kind of love for you.
Wow, how do I top that?
John continues: I knew from the moment I first saw you that we were meant for each other. We've traveled down a long and sometimes difficult road, but we're stronger for it.


Me: I'd say we came out ahead. ... I love you, John. ... You've always been the one I should be with. I don't deserve the way you love me, but I'm glad you do anyway.
John: Don't deserve it? Nonsense. Deserve has nothing to with it. I never stopped loving you.

He kisses me on my cheekbone just under my eye. Then again a little lower down my cheek before he continues his path down my neck.

I try to maintain a calm voice; it isn't easy: Somehow I knew that, but there were times I wouldn't let myself think it.
John: Denial.
Me: Guess I'm Denial's Queen.
John: Queen of denial, that's you.
I laugh softly: One thing I'll never deny myself ever again is you, my beloved John.
He picks his head up and looks me in the eye.
Me: For you, the crown comes off. You won't let me wear it anyway. (He smiles.) The Queen of Denial WAS me. Now I'm going to look life in the face and see it for what it is. You taught me that. You taught me how to live, how to love, accept, forgive, and a letting go kind of forget instead of burying it. I wouldn't be the woman I am today if it weren't for you. Of course I love you. Of course I want to spend the rest of my life with you.
John: No time like the present for getting started with that.

We both grin at each other before he kisses me and we pick up where we left off a moment ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment